Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Favorite Star Trek or Star Wars novels
Ghost 00:21 19th December 2011
Hello all,

As you all know franchises like Star Trek and Star Wars inspired a lot of spin off media, comics and games which we are probably all familiar with and novels which some might be less familiar with.
Over the years quite a lot of writers have made books that take place in these universes, adding their own ideas and lore to the already existing material, some good but also some quite bad.

Being more of a 'Trekker' than a SW fan I focused more on books taking place in the classic series setting, the TNG setting, and the publisher's spin off series The New Frontier.
But I also have read some SW books too, mostly focusing on books of Timothy Zahn who is in general regarded as one of the better Star Wars writers with his Thrawn Trilogy, I also really enjoyed the Hand of Thrawn books and I still occasionally go through them to read my favorite parts.

So what are your favorite books, mini series or spin offs?

Regarding Star Trek

The Final Reflection
How much for just the planet
Ishmael
The Three Minute Universe
The Wounded Sky
Federation

Peter David's New Frontier series, The Rift, The Captain's Daughter, Strike Zone, A rock and a hard place, Vendetta, the Worf stories from the Starfleet Academy series, and probably several more once I had the time to read them.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up