Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Arcade version of Elite?
Demon Cleaner 19:25 15th March 2007
How cool is this, a guy managed to build a cabinet with the game running on it. Just look for yourselves.

Elite cabinet.
[Reply]
AlexJ 21:21 15th March 2007
Wow! - Fair play to the guy not just for making an awesome cabinet, but for customising the game itself to adapt it for arcade-style gaming.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:56 16th March 2007
That is pretty cool. You really would get get immersion into the game with such a control system.
[Reply]
Submeg 03:06 16th March 2007
That is sweet....I want one!
[Reply]
v85rawdeal 13:54 16th March 2007
Just the one???

I want FOUR... Then I can network them together... Now how's about that for a great idea...
[Reply]
Harrison 15:03 16th March 2007
Building a similar cabinet with controls tailored for other games would also be cool. Imagine one for the X games, or Eve. Maybe even for something completely different such as a Mech game for example. What was the Mech game that really cool custom controller was released for, on I think the Dreamcast.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:08 16th March 2007
Originally Posted by :
What was the Mech game that really cool custom controller was released for, on I think the Dreamcast.
That was for the XBox. With the huge controller which costs a lot of money. Oz has one, he's a mech freak. The game was Steel Battalion.

[Reply]
Harrison 15:28 16th March 2007
That's the one!

I thought Dreamcast because originally that game was announced for the Dreamcast, but it's development was later switched to the Xbox.

Is the controller as good as they said? Cost a fair bit at £130 too!

I understand the controller and game are now quite rare as only about 2000 of those controllers were ever made.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:24 16th March 2007
As far as I know, Oz really likes the controller and says the game is pure fun and worth a buy, have to visit him one time to give it a try.
[Reply]
Submeg 05:31 17th March 2007
Lol, that would be sweet, MechWarrior 2 sitting in a console, vs three other people....would be sweet.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up