Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: The Forum
Andrew1971 17:25 3rd December 2011
Hi
Not sure if this is place to put it but the forum keeps kicking me out is it on a timer cos its very annoying now.
so i an logged in i write a post this time the longest one when finished click reply aathen says i got to login again and lost writing. That happens after about 5 to 10 mins. does any one else have this
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Submeg 20:35 3rd December 2011
I have the same problem!
[Reply]
Phantom 21:51 3rd December 2011
No such problem with me.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 00:04 4th December 2011
When you log-in, have you ticked the box to remember you? that should sort it
[Reply]
Andrew1971 10:28 4th December 2011
Yes the remember box is ticked it no its just not me then
[Reply]
Harrison 13:54 4th December 2011
Try this. Log out of the site by using the logout button at the right of the menu bar. Clear all cookies and temp files for the site, then close the browser and restart it. Now try loading the site and logging in again.

Also make sure you are allowing cookies in your browser or the site will use a temp server session, which will expire after a certain time and log you out.
[Reply]
Buleste 15:14 4th December 2011
Also what browser are you using?
[Reply]
Andrew1971 07:21 5th December 2011
Hi All
Iam using firefox 8 on all computers. I have all so done Harrisons suggestion. I did a little checking over the weekend my be just a coinicedence or not. The computers that kick me out both are running windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Om me laptop thats running windows 7 ultimate 32bit that stay on for about 3 hours didnt get kicked out once.
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Harrison 14:37 5th December 2011
That proves it is a browser issue and not a site/account issue. It isn't the version of Windows that is causing it. I access the site mostly through Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, but also do sometimes via the 32bit version, and also via Vista and XP and have no logout issues.

It could also be security settings on the computers. If there is a firefall program running these sometimes have cookie settings. Make sure you have the domain classicamiga.com set as a trusted domain to help stop this.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up