Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: What would it take fron Amiga to play MP3
burns flipper 21:26 30th November 2011
I had to explain to my kids what cassette tapes were the other day. They were fascinated. For them, Blu-rays, smartphones and internet-everywhere is the norm, just an accepted fact of life.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:30 30th November 2011
I'm wondering if I should force any children I have to experience technology in the order it was available, so to begin with they only have cassette tapes and some vinyl LPs to play around with, plus some truly retro consoles like the Atari 2600... the slowly introduce them to the 8bit computers and consoles, then the Amiga and 16bit era... and then eventually CD, the MP3... would be fun, and also make them appreciate everything a little more, whilst also gaining knowledge of the history of some common technologies over the years, where it all came from and why we have what we have today.

Children these days have definitely dropping into a world where technology has progressed far enough that they sometimes find it hard to imagine or understand how much we had to do before we got here. The concept of analogue devices like cassette tapes or record player and vinyl disks must really be confusing to a young child these days.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 13:35 1st December 2011
Dont forget reel to reel and 8 track stereo
[Reply]
J T 20:35 1st December 2011
Yeah but make them live in a cave and dress in animal skins first. Then slowly build up towards fire, the wheel, bow and arrow.
[Reply]
Harrison 00:10 2nd December 2011
Now you get the idea. Really make them appreciate modern living by the time they reach their teens.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 12:31 2nd December 2011
Tried to explain what a record was to a young relation 6yr old and said a BIG cd
[Reply]
Harrison 14:50 2nd December 2011
No wonder they don't know anything these days!
[Reply]
J T 19:46 2nd December 2011
Now show them a laserdisc
[Reply]
Harrison 22:11 2nd December 2011
That will really confuse them! It did me when I first saw one in primary school in the early 80's.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 05:20 3rd December 2011
Laserdisc forgot all about that one. ive only seen them a couple of times yeah it would confuse them more. Who says oldies know nothing
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up