Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Great '80s kids movies
burns flipper 19:16 16th November 2011
Can't believe I forgot Labyrinth! I have The Dark Crystal, that's some amazing storytelling, I must get that one out of the loft.

Ghostbusters - my dad took me to see that when I was 6. Ghostbusters is NOT A GOOD FILM to take a 6 year old to see! I had nightmares for years about the Terror-Dogs. And I remember he took us to see another film but wouldn't tell us what - it was a surprise! - and the ad came on for Gremlins and I was freaking out because I hate scary stuff (probably because the last thing he took us to see was Ghostbusters). The surprise was actually Jungle Book, but still.

I am hoping to gear them up for The Storyteller, another Jim Henson show, one of my all-time favourites. I might try them on that next year, they should be ready for it by then.

I think they'd enjoy fantasy - I remember watching Superman at an early age too, and Star Wars, but to be honest I don't think they'd follow what was going on. So definitely Labyrinth, Dark Crystal & Neverending Story. I think they'd be freaked out by Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - watching Christopher Lloyd's face melt whilst giggling insanely is high octane nightmare fuel.

Back to the Future - in a couple of years. It's bad enough explaining ordinary films to them, let alone time travel!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up