Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: MAME v144
Harrison 16:24 22nd November 2011
It is also more for the collecting for me also, just to know I have the complete set. However I do sometimes give them a play just to see how well the emulation has improved. And actually with a more recent PC most of them are now pretty playable, unlike 3 or 4 years ago when you were more likely to get a slideshow because the framerates were so slow. A quad core CPU with a decent GPU will give a good stab at running most of them. If you haven't played any of them in some time give some a go. There are some good games mixed in with more obscure. Definitely worth trying Streetfighter 3, Killer Instinct, Star Wars Trilogy, Simpson's bowling, and Blitz.
[Reply]
Bloodwych 16:42 22nd November 2011
Just realized I do actually download some of the newer games including the CHDs, like Street Fighter 3 and Killer Instinct but run them in a dedicated emulator rather than MAME.

I'll certainly look at updating a few of those mention above in MAME too, but no way can I hold a complete set like you guys. Perhaps when I get a Blueray burner.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:51 22nd November 2011
Years ago I used to backup my sets to DVD-R, but not for a long time. These days I just hold 2 copies of the sets, mirrored between 2 systems (download server and emulation PC).

DC has a better setup, using is NAS to store the lot, which has a RAID setup to protect it, and that is the best solution, if a little expensive.

But at the moment with the increase HDD prices it definitely isn't a good time to get into large rom sets, that is for sure.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up