Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Netbook for AmigaOS 4! (you better believe it!)
Phantom 13:20 25th November 2011
Originally Posted by Harrison:
If you do get one please take some pictures of it for us to see it, and also post something about what you think of it. Would be great to find out.
Sure, when it WILL be available.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 11:54 28th October 2012
AmiWest was held last weekend, but there was no news about the netbook. One year after the original announcement, there has been no news about the progress or development. Do you guys think it'll be released some time in the future or is it just wishful thinking?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:04 28th October 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't materialise.

But I hope it does as I would be very tempted to buy one.
[Reply]
Harrison 19:55 28th October 2012
So many Amiga related projects do get announced with great enthusiasm, but then never appear. I'm guessing its the problem of enthusiasm and dreams in the concept stage, becoming an overwhelming project, with limited development funds and only a handful of people.
[Reply]
Kin Hell 18:26 4th November 2012
Impressive!
[Reply]
Phantom 10:35 3rd December 2012
Nothing mentioned about the netbook, but that doesn't mean that's a vapor. Probably work is still to be done. What I know so far, is that the second core of the X1000 computers will be utilized soon under AmigaOS 4.1.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:38 3rd December 2012
That's interesting news. Multithreading in AmigaOS. So multitasking should be faster. Won't applications need to be written to directly support multicores though?
[Reply]
Phantom 22:29 14th December 2012
Originally Posted by Harrison:
That's interesting news. Multithreading in AmigaOS. So multitasking should be faster. Won't applications need to be written to directly support multicores though?
Yes indeed interesting news. I believe that applications need to be written specifically to be able to utilise two cores, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up