Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Pc in Amiga A1200 - started !!!
Andrew1971 19:12 23rd January 2012
Tiago how are getting on with is project have you got any further with it ??
As i am tempted to have a go at something like this
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Tiago 09:51 24th January 2012
well, i stoped a bit, because my iron solder broke up, i need a new one. I almost have every components that i need, except the iron solder.
I will try to give it a boost this weekend.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 16:16 24th January 2012
Tiago dont forget to take some photos with some close ups. And how its going to laid out in the case approx.
Hope i am not asking for much Thats when you have the time.
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Tiago 08:24 25th January 2012
Yes yes, i am taking photos of it.
Are you thinking in doing something similar? with a laptop mboard?
You do need to mesure the size of it, my mboard is going to fit inside upside down with a strange angle... the only way possible.
Do you have a keyrah?
[Reply]
Andrew1971 08:42 25th January 2012
No keyrah at the moment just took out laptop mboard last night it came from a time laptop called collosus big thing small ish mboard.
I'll see if my camera is any good on me phone for pictures.
Many Thanks
Andrew1971

Update
motherboard is 10.5 inch by 8.5 inch
plus a small board that plugs in to give 4 usb a ps/2 mouse and power socket that should able to go any where on an extenstion leads
That's whats going in hopefully
Attached: P250112_08.50.jpg (154.6 KB)
[Reply]
Tiago 11:31 25th January 2012
That looks very small...
ha, i would like one as small as that one... mine is huge...
what about the power on button? Is it a button? switch? Or you do the power on button by the leybboard like mine?
what amiga case are you thinking?
[Reply]
Andrew1971 11:48 25th January 2012
Tiago the power button is on the mboard (iam sure thats what it is) not on keyboard
Well considering my A1200 case as iam using the A600. In the next few days i will be testing the board to make sure it still works. Your mboard does look big.
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Tiago 13:23 25th January 2012
if it is on mboard, then just solder 2 wires to a simple on/off switch. And bring the switch to outside the case. the composite hole could be a good. I found onw switch that has exactly the same size as that hole.
[Reply]
Andrew1971 13:48 25th January 2012
I will be using alot of the stuff i already have. I will have to buy some stuff though trying to make it a buget build. So now on hunt for bits i've got see what turns up.
But still going to test first. i'll be testing using a usb stick with pupy linux, no HDD or Cdrom it better work
Many Thanks
Andrew1971
[Reply]
Harrison 14:19 25th January 2012
Oh, all the talk really is enticing me to do the same. However, rather than a laptop motherboard I've been wanting to utilise a mini-itx board with a dual core atom or maybe the faster ones now available with Core 2 sockets. Would be great.

Also this project is one I could actually see a Catweasel being useful, as a PC floppy could be founded in the A1200's floppy bay and connected up, so real Amiga, other system, and PC disks could be read.

Are you both going to wire up the A1200's LEDs for Power and HDD access? Would really finish it off.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up