Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: HDR Photography
Tiago 12:52 20th October 2011
Anyone did anything in HDR photography?

I did some tests with bracketing in my Nikon D70, toko 3 photos with tripod without moving the camera, each photo with a different exposures in RAW format and then merge them into a single one. The result was not good. I test it with a photo (3 photos) insite house, and the merge picture was very strange, didnt like it.
anyone did it? What software did you use for merge the pictures from 3 to 1 ?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:12 20th October 2011
You did the right process for the camera, using exposure bracketing, so you have one right exposure, and one over and under exposure.

There is now a lot of different HDR software available to process images into HDR. It is also worth mentioning that HDR images are not everyone's taste and some people just don't like the end result.

For software if you already are using Photoshop then it has the ability built in. Go to File>Automate>Merge to HDR Pro. And see how you get on. It isn't quite as good as the best commercial HDR standalone software like Photomatix Pro 4 or HDR Efex, but it does do a good job and it auto aligns, rotates and crops the images as it merges them to remove your need to do so.
[Reply]
Tiago 14:36 20th October 2011
I didn't know photoshop could work hdr. I download a free software, it works but i coun't understand why the result was so bad...
i will try it with photoshop. thanks
[Reply]
Harrison 15:03 20th October 2011
I think both of the commercial HDR softwares I mentioned above also have free trial versions you can download, so you could also try them out. If you like any of them let me know and we can look into "activating" them.
[Reply]
Tiago 09:32 21st October 2011
I try yesterday with photoshop, worked better then other free software. The results were much better, i didnt do any effects on images, and i start with 3 shots with 1.7 +/- EV at a night shoot, it works fine, i need to test it now during day light now. thanks
[Reply]
Submeg 00:01 23rd October 2011
Wow liking that effect! Will have to write about that one!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up