Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Which HD disc format will end up being the standard?
Which HD disc format will end up being the standard?
  • View Poll Results

5 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Thread: Blu-Ray or HD-DVD?
    Submeg 00:01 22nd February 2008
    You surely are crazy! Lol.
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 13:47 2nd May 2008
    Wow ... I just counted my Blu-ray collection and I'm already up to 32 titles. That's 7 Blu-rays a month since I started buying them in December. Haven't purchased a DVD since, and truth be told, it's rather hard to go back to standard definition stuff now.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 14:33 2nd May 2008
    That is quite good going. But the question is... are they all worth repeat watching?
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 15:03 2nd May 2008
    Some, probably not. I can definitely see myself repeat watching the family films like Ratatouille, Cars, Ice Age etc. with nephews and nieces, and in the future, my own kids. The same for those timeless classics like Blade Runner.

In my opinion, high-def is best suited for big action flicks, sci-fi, fantasy and animated features. I don't see myself rewatching something like a comedy, so I don't tend to buy into that genre.
    [Reply]
    Teho 15:37 2nd May 2008
    One I've seen lately that I'd recommed for the visuals alone is Beowulf. Best looking movie I've seen yet. And it also helps that the movie is pretty good as well. Great take on the classic saga.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 15:43 2nd May 2008
    I've actually avoiding seeing Beowulf because it has looked quite crap in all the trailers I've seen. Probably because Ray Winstone is such a bad actor and all the trailers have just shown him shouting "I'm Beowulf". I will still watch it though once it's on Sky.
    [Reply]
    Teho 15:55 2nd May 2008
    Well, it's my kind of movie. I'm a little biased as well though, one of my favourite authors, Neil Gaiman, wrote the script. He's made sure that it's definitely not your average hack'em-up popcorn flick, it does have more depth to it than you'd expect. But I can easily see that it's not for everyone.

Blu-ray version does have some awesome visuals though.
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 15:58 2nd May 2008
    I might pick it up. Most animated movies are pure eye-candy in high definition.
    [Reply]
    Buleste 18:17 2nd May 2008
    Apparently Ghost in the Shell2 is to be 1080dpi HD on Blu Ray.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 23:00 2nd May 2008
    Cool. I loved the first film so will probably buy the second one if it gets released in HD.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    5 11 12 13 14 15 16
    Up