Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Got my new car
Demon Cleaner 10:27 27th September 2011
I bought a new car, first time in my life, after over 21 years having the driver's license, and only having used cars, I eventually bought a new one.

It's an Audi A3 S-Line, 2.0 TDI, 170hp and S-Tronic automatic gearbox. I have both S-Line packages, inside and outside which gives you a nice touch. Inside you have the leather sports seats, the multi function steering wheel, whole interior is in black, some nice S-Line logo additions in the doorsteps. Outside it has some different looks for the lights, a bigger front lip with carbon, a small rear spoiler, a rear diffusor and chromated exhaust, and some other small additions.

I already have it since 3 months, but didn't take pictures yet, so I made some last week in our underground parking at work, still not the best pictures.

I have a BOSE soundsystem with 7 speakers and a subwoofer.

Rims are 18" 225 in titan optic.

Radio is the lastest and biggest Pioneer model AVIC F30BT. Has navigation system, bluetooth handsfree phone device, CD & DVD player (also working whilst driving), SD card slot behind the front, USB on the back with a cable inside the glove compartment, where I have an iPod Classic connected to it.

Might take better pictures outside some day.

I'm really happy with the car so far.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:45 27th September 2011
Looks great. Really like the S upgrades, especially the wheels and lights. I've always really liked Audi's and the A3 is probably the best hatchback out there. Built quality is brilliant.

A friend I used to work with bought a new A3 a few years ago and I was impressed with that. It was only a 1.6 but he had the Bose sound system option too and that sounded great. And a neighnour recently bought the new A5 Sportback (four door version) with S-Line extras and I love that car. If I could afford an Audi it would be that one, or to really dream the S5. I love bigger cars and for me the A3 is a little small.

I personally wouldn't have picked blue, but that is personal preference. I prefer my cars in metallic red, although saying that I had to buy my current one in black because that was all that was around at the time I looked.
[Reply]
Phantom 16:05 27th September 2011
2 Fast 2 Furious.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:28 27th September 2011
I really like dark/navy blue for cars, that's why I got that one. Had to wait for 4 months for the car to be finally built, was a long time waiting.

I also like the A5, or S5 or even RS5, but this one was already expensive, the A5 would have been another 10.000€ more with all the packages I have.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 21:16 27th September 2011
Congratulations mate! That's a very nice car. Looks great!
[Reply]
Tiago 13:48 28th September 2011
Nice car Demon,
what is a "S-Tronic automatic gearbox"? (sorry my english)
Does that mean that is fully automatic, or is semi-automatic ? No Clutch but you can choose gear?? Or no clutch no gear choice?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:16 28th September 2011
It's full automatic, Audi's version of the DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_tronic
[Reply]
Harrison 16:44 28th September 2011
Before my current car I'd always owned manuals and had always said I preferred them as I liked to be completely in control of changing gear. But my current car is an Auto and while it did take a week or so to fully get used to having no clutch and not needing to change gear when coming to a stop, I now would say I prefer driving an automatic. My 407 has a Porsche 6 speed auto box too so it's quite smooth and fast changing. Although as with all autos it does sometimes get a bit confused and hesitates or changes down a gear when it doesn't need to, but I love kick down as although on paper it is slower than a manual from 0-62, because you don't have to change gear the human element is removed so in practice it is faster.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:54 28th September 2011
Well, i understand, but i still prefer manual, or manual with no Clutch.
Like Ferraris for example with those how do you call "pads?" on the wheel, so no clutch, but you can choose whateve gear you have.
you can have manual with no clutch and make great time changing gears, tecnology is so advance that you can change gear in a very fast way.
but sure with clutch it wil take time.

most motorsport is manual, some with and some without clutch.
But full-automatic, i dont know... strange, but i guess after some time it could be more confortable.

Anyway, the acr is great, love the color.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:14 28th September 2011
I was exactly like you before I got my current car. But you can switch most autos into manual mode. Mine doesn't have the paddles, but I can just move the gear shift over to the left and then push it up to change up a gear or down to change down, so you can still be in control of the gears if you wish, and leave it in a gear until high revs to get more acceleration before changing if you wish. However I can just switch it into S sports mode and it does that for me anyway, so not really any need.

I think DC's new car does have the paddles though for quick gear changes, so lets see what he thinks of them.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up