Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Got my new car
Submeg 07:54 4th October 2011
Bose speakers I should put them in mine!
[Reply]
Harrison 16:19 4th October 2011
I've got the JBL speaker system in mine and that sounds amazing.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:27 4th October 2011
Originally Posted by Teho:
I tend to get frustrated with automatics myself because to me they always seem to shift when they shouldn't. Once when I borrowed my mom's Audi I was going up a hill, caught up to the car ahead and eased off on the throttle. So the automatic shifted to a heavier gear. And now I couldn't keep pace, so stepped on the throttle. Which made it shift to a lower gear again, making me catch up too fast. Couldn't find the sweet spot and it just kept shifting up and down on me like that as I just tried to keep pace with the car ahead. Was nearly screaming with rage at the damn thing before I got to the top.
But that's exactly what doesn't happen anymore with DSG gearboxes, you don't even notice when the car shifts, there's not anymore that 2 second gap before the car has shifted 1 gear down. How old is that car?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:31 4th October 2011
Autos do take a bit of getting use to though as you do tend to need to drive them a little differently to manuals. Getting used to Kickdown is something too.
[Reply]
J T 01:58 12th October 2011
Nice car! Like the colour and the wheels.

Most cars out in Australia are auto, and they are piss easy to drive. It's really laid back. We came back to the UK recently for a visit and I borrowed Lady T's Dad's car, again an auto.

I think that I'd go for an auto again, unless I was getting a little sports roadster or something like that.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:42 12th October 2011
JT mate, you are sounding more Australian by the day.
[Reply]
J T 01:11 18th October 2011
Ha ha

My dad loved driving an auto too. I think for everyday driving, it really is so very convenient. I never thought I'd be saying that, but here we are.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up