Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Xcite Truck and Amiga music
v85rawdeal 11:13 14th March 2007
Been recently playing XCite TRuck on Wii and decided to try out the custom music option, so copied a whole load of MP3 files from PC onto SD Card and slotted in Wii. Playiung quite happily when I got thouroughly distracted by the opening Bars of Zool coming out of the TV speakers... BIG crash occured and came last in race.

Has there ever been a time when game music has completely distracted you and caused you to mess up big style???
[Reply]
Harrison 11:56 14th March 2007
Hmm... I don't think so. Normally if I use custom music I tend to set up a load of tracks that start making me better at a game. Some Heavy Metal for racing games normally works well as it gets the adrenaline increasing and in turn speeds up reaction times.

It would be funny to do an experiment on some people and see what happens when completely unfitting music is mixed with games. For example sticking county in a beat 'em up or r 'n b in a FPS.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:48 14th March 2007
I only listen to the sound of the game itself. I always turn the music off, as I'm more concentrated when I can hear the sounds around me, than the crap music that comes with the games. I could never imagine playing PES with the music on?? Only sound an NOOO commentary.

Even with racing games, I like to hear the sound of my car rather than the music. In GTA, the first thing I do when I get a car, I turn off the music. That's me. I d/l GTA once to test on the XBox and uploaded a Voïvod CD to it, that was great, but only for the fun. When playing SSX, I can imagine to listen to music.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:50 14th March 2007
I hope you don't disable the music in RPGs too?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:04 14th March 2007
Nope!! RPG's music's essential. I turn off mostly all menu music, as it's crap anyway. I hate music when playing sports games, when I play Madden, I don't wanna hear DMX with Jo Mama, that's it baby...
[Reply]
AlexJ 08:34 15th March 2007
RPG are more like films, and so the music plays a part in setting the atmosphere. Sports games are supposed to be more like sports broadcasts so music shouldn't play a part in them. You wouldn't hear music during an F1 race (well in the UK at least, I know Speed in USA put music on just before going to an ad-break but not during the majority of the race)
[Reply]
Harrison 11:39 15th March 2007
That is true, but games are a little different. I personally enjoy having the music playing during most games. Some get annoying because the music is basically crap, so it does get switched off. Only so much teen pop/rock rubbish I can endure.
[Reply]
J T 21:52 15th March 2007
Got excite truck delivered for 20 quid the other day but haven't tried it yet, looking forward to it though, looks like fun
[Reply]
rayzorblue 23:27 15th March 2007
Gotta say i think Excite Truck is an excellent game.
I think i will have to get an SD card so i can play tunes while i race though as the game music leaves a bit to be desired.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up