Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: TeraCopy
Demon Cleaner 22:51 7th September 2011
I came across this little program today, and I have to say that it's great.

It's a simple copy program, that can do a bit more than the usual copy application in the Windows file manager. After installing, it opens every time you want to copy something, like with copy/paste (CTRL-C/CTRL-V), you don't have to open it manually, it integrates in the file manager, so instead of using the normal copy application, it straight away opens TeraCopy and does the copy.

There's some stuff that makes it better over the normal application.

First of all it's faster (at least that's what they claim), didn't test that yet.

It lets you pause/resume your copies, which is sometimes nice when you copy f.ex. 100GB, and you want to do something else quickly.

Sometimes during a copy, file manager suddenly stops because it could handle f.ex. one locked file, and you have to look what it then copied so far, and what it didn't do. TeraCopy stops, and asks you what you want to do with that file. Even if your PC would restart by any reason, you can resume the copy process later.

When you right click a file now in the file manager, you can chose TeraCopy, and browse to a folder where you want to copy your file, no no need to search. You can even make favorites, which comes in handy when f.ex. updating folders.

You can also set it to verify your files after copying, which is good when you copy loads of files.

It shows the source CRC in case you need it.

Plays a cute sound when copy is finished

So far, I'm really impressed what it can do, not a lot, but a big improvement to the normal copy process. And it's free.

http://www.codesector.com/teracopy.php
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up