Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: [PC] Legend of Grimrock
Teho 18:19 27th August 2011
So how do you fancy a new old-school dungeon crawler in the vein of Eye of the Beholder, Black Crypt and their like?

Legend of Grimrock is developed by Almost Human and is coming out for PC, Mac and iOS sometime near the end of the year. Looks exciting! Webpage here.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:02 28th August 2011
Looks great, totally old school. Is it gonna be a full budget game?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:25 28th August 2011
That looks really cool. Great old school with polished graphics. Will definitely be playing this when it is released.
[Reply]
Teho 21:27 28th August 2011
No, this is not a big budget game. Almost Human is a finnish developer founded this year by four people who are veterans from Remedy and Futuremark where they have worked on Max Payne, Alan Wake, the 3DMark tool and so on. One of them is the coder of the Amiga demo Lapsuus by Maturefurk which won the Assembly '01 compo. So the game is being developed by these four people it seems. But as it is an old-school game it doesn't require a huge team, once the engine and assets are in place levels and puzzles can be created at a great rate. That video is very much a work in progress, there are things in it that have been improved upon already such as that monster's death-effect and the AI has been improved to punish those hit and run tactics harshly, for example. I'll be following their blog I think, very excited about this one.
[Reply]
Shoonay 10:30 29th August 2011
Looks awesome, can't wait.
[Reply]
Phantom 16:18 29th August 2011
Looks really nice, EOB-style RPG which I love to play. Hope to be open-sourced for an AmigaOS 4.x port.
[Reply]
Shoonay 18:15 29th August 2011
Actually that's Dungeon Master style, notice the character portraits on the top of the screen, the fight commands in a separate windows on the bottom and... the mighty snail.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:22 30th August 2011
Cool, one more for the playing list, it's getting big... so many games to play, but few time to play anything.
[Reply]
Teho 09:02 28th January 2012
No news on a release yet, but it can't that far off now. But here's a nice thing:

See, that's how you listen to the fans.
[Reply]
Teho 06:13 22nd April 2012
This has been out for a week or two now and I got it earlier this week. Been playing for a few hours and have gotten some levels into the game. The levels are quite large with some puzzles that will take you a little while to figure out so they take some time to navigate. Enemies are varied so you can't always use the same circle-and-attack-and-backpedal routine: Some can attack sideways, others can strafe and will keep trying to face you so circling them is harder, others again have ranged attacks and I've come across one that will hit you HARD with a sideways swing as he's turning, punishing this tactic. So combat requires some thinking and isn't so repetitive. But for the most part this game is just like the old-school dungeon crawlers, only with modern graphics. And it's GREAT!. It's been getting great reviews as well. Highly recommend this one. It's available both on Steam and on gog.com.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up