Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: FireFox 6.0 rleased.
Buleste 17:22 17th August 2011
O.k. Just a couple of months after the release of FF5 Mozilla have released FF6.0 and it looks like Mozilla have done the opposite of the Star Trek movies and made the best releases in the odd numbers as this for me is terrible. It still has the offline cache bug but has added much much more in terms of bugs and taken away in functionality. Do not download the update. It's awful.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 20:39 17th August 2011
What's the most annoying is that every time they release a new version, some of your add-ons don't work anymore. At work I use f.ex. the password login add-on (profile password), which is not supported anymore now in v6. Very annoying.
[Reply]
Submeg 07:47 18th August 2011
I still don't have stuff working from the last update...very annoying
[Reply]
Shoonay 12:40 18th August 2011
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
What's the most annoying is that every time they release a new version, some of your add-ons don't work anymore.
You do realize that for them to work it's a matter of changing a single key in about:config or downloading an add-on, right?
All of the add-ons work perfectly even in the newest FF9 alpha (unless they're very old, from FF3 era for example), they simply need a single bump from the authors to make them notice a new version of FF came out.
[Reply]
Buleste 14:50 18th August 2011
Apparently they want to be on at least FF7 by the end of the year. I think I'll stick to FF5 for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:00 18th August 2011
Oh hi, I'm a mac and I downloaded and installed the new FF without asking. That cool? K bye.

Stupid machine
[Reply]
Harrison 10:32 20th August 2011
Although we have discussed it in the FF5 thread, this whole FF version numbering is really starting to bug me. Already from 4 to 6 in less than 6 months is mad. And as discussed in the press, corporations can take a couple of years assessing a new product before actually rolling it out network wide across their businesses, so this is really messing things up for them. Bring back the point release numbering!
[Reply]
Shoonay 14:05 20th August 2011
Guess it's time for you guys to switch to a different browser, because Mozilla is obviously trying to kill Firefox with their constant updates and those ridiculous number changes, don't they?
Oh, you guys are silly :P

BTW: I'm already on FF9 x64 and it's awesome
[Reply]
Buleste 08:18 21st August 2011
Originally Posted by Shoonay:
Guess it's time for you guys to switch to a different browser, because Mozilla is obviously trying to kill Firefox with their constant updates and those ridiculous number changes, don't they?
Oh, you guys are silly :P

BTW: I'm already on FF9 x64 and it's awesome
We're not silly they turned a good product into a shit one. It used to fast and function packed now it's slow, lacking functions and can't render websites properly.
[Reply]
Shoonay 08:20 21st August 2011
Dunno about the slowness, I'm on a 6-year old computah and it is a killer.
Lacking in functions? You know that some minor functions you never use are hidden if you turn the menu bar off?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up