Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: RGB Lead picture quality?
slicer1000 20:02 13th August 2011
What picture quality does an RGB lead on an amiga give should it give a crystal clear image like other consoles as mine seems to give a image more like a compersite image with quite a bit of grain on screen. I begining to think I have a dodgy lead.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 20:11 13th August 2011
It ought to be considerably better than composite.

But it would depend on the cable, monitor, and possibly the amiga itself.

Are you using a television?
[Reply]
DonAmiga 21:58 13th August 2011
I get a good picture with mine which I had noticed a big difference when I bought my first RGB. Have you got another tv to try it or more than one scart socket on the back of the tv is so, I noticed on my tv that only one socket supported RGB.
[Reply]
Harrison 17:03 14th August 2011
Definitely should be much better than composite. Pretty much the same as an Amiga monitor.

There is more than one way to wire up an Amiga RGB to SCART cable and only one way gives the best image.
[Reply]
J T 22:20 14th August 2011
RGB should look HEAPS better than composite.

Where did you get the cable from? And what display are you using?
[Reply]
slicer1000 15:44 17th August 2011
I use a wide screen phillips TV which has 3 scart on the back 2 of them are rgb it give a great picture on all the other consoles on rgb snes, saturn. etc. I got the lead off ebay and have long felt it might be dodgy for starter the RGB lead is so short I need to use an scart extension lead. Also it has all the scart pins in the lead don't most console only use some of them? I think I should buy a better quality lead? it the same quality picture on both of my amiga's the a500 and a1200
[Reply]
Tiago 16:31 17th August 2011
I also have a RGB-scartcable (21 pins) to connect my miggy to TV. It has a very good picture quality both in LCD and CRT TV.
Did you try the cable on all scart inputs of your Tv? i had an old CRT that only one scart input of 3 worked well.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up