Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Find the Higgs Boson?
Buleste 12:32 11th August 2011
Just as Seti@home allows you to look for our Intelligent life in the Universe you can now sign up for LHC@home to help find the Higgs boson. Join today.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 14:35 11th August 2011
Hi thanks for the link are you signed up for this or the Seti@home? did you have any problems with it? Seems to be quite interesting and both projects is something that interests me, as I tend to watch any meaning of life documentaries . Haven't used virtual box so nice way to try it out and alway wanted a linux set-up once try Ubuntu but could not get it to run

Cheers
[Reply]
Harrison 15:00 12th August 2011
This is something that interests me too. I used to run Seti@hom, but haven't in some time as I normally have Folding@home running to aid with medical science, and also because jobs completed with that add download credit to my Pleasuredome torrent account.

I will definitely be checking out LHC@home when i get some time. Cheers for the info.

@DonAmiga. Post about the problems you are having with Linux/Ubuntu into the Off Topic forums. I've never had any issues getting Ubuntu to install and work, although it can have issues with wireless networks sometimes. Fedora is another I use a lot without issue.
[Reply]
DonAmiga 21:42 12th August 2011
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Post about the problems you are having with Linux/Ubuntu into the Off Topic forums.
will do, thanks, it was over a year ago, gave up in the end
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up