Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: [PS3] PSN Welcome Back Program
Harrison 11:17 10th June 2011
It depends on the game. For a full commercial release you would be looking at 2GB up to around 7GB. inFamous is just over 7GB so would eat into your 60GB HD space quite a bit.

It is really easy to swap your PS3 HD for a larger one though. 320GB 2.5" HDs can be purchased for around £35 these days, and using an external HD plugged into the PS3's USB ports you can select to backup the existing HD to the external drive, then swap the HDDs over and then copy the backups back over to the new drive. Not too hard.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:46 14th June 2011
Many people say it's easy to change HD. but i stiil have the question if you put other HD and then put the old one back, he will format it.
My 120GB is getting very short...
2GB to 7GB is the average size, but if you do "other stuff" with the PS3... you will get out of space very easly... :-)
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 19:33 14th June 2011
Why would you want to put the old one back anyway?
[Reply]
Tiago 13:21 15th June 2011
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
Why would you want to put the old one back anyway?
Well, good question, i think i feel a bit secured if if have a Backup HD in case any thing goes wrong, i also want to try linux on it,
and with a backup of original HD i would fell more confident.... but if i take a good look about your question, i think you have the point :-)
[Reply]
Harrison 16:29 15th June 2011
You can easily backup the current HDD to an external HDD and restore it whenever you like, so there is really no need to a backup internal drive.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up