Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Android in mobile phones
Tiago 10:06 17th May 2011
ScummVM working !!!!! Monkey Island works very well !!!

I also try DosBox, it also works.... try 2 games and it worked!!!!
i am loving Android !!!
[Reply]
Tiago 15:12 23rd August 2011
Anyone with ScummVM in Android?

I was able to play Monkey Island 2 till the end with no problems. Very cool. Love the game, much as the first one.
Now i am playing "the dig", also very nice, i only had one problem, in a certain part of the game you have to rotate some peaces of a puzzle,
but you dont have right button of mouse in scummvm android, so i had to copy the save game to PC to pass that part and then copy it again to Android.
They should put an option do choose an alternative for right button.

copy saves games from android to pc and vice-versa is now very very easy and fast:
i just got a FTP server program for android, so i just have to connect wireless to my local network, and then, run the server on android, and get/put files with the ftp client in PC. Very easy and very fast to do it.
I am loving my android.
and with software like scummvm and dosbox, is a hell of a game machine !!!
[Reply]
Harrison 15:15 23rd August 2011
I've given Scummvm a quick try but nothing more. Definitely a great mobile platform for us retro fans.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:51 23rd August 2011
dont forget to say in the setup of the game the path for the save games, choose one under /sdcard otherwise we will put the saves ander
/data from android own directories and you cannot go there... only with terminal and other stuff
[Reply]
Harrison 00:51 24th August 2011
With Samsung Android phones you can directly access most areas using their Kies software. And with the newer Galaxy S II Kies is built into the phone and can be accessed from a computer using a browser over Wifi, which is pretty cool.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:06 24th August 2011
I have the HTC Wildfire S, but it's quite small, so I didn't try any emulators or a lot of games yet. It's definitely too small to play.
[Reply]
TheCorfiot 11:17 24th August 2011
Running the Beebdroid Emulator alpha on my HTC Desire HD at the mo, and it's pretty good with full FPS...
[Reply]
Harrison 00:09 25th August 2011
@TC. How have you found the battery life on the HTC? I've heard it isn't too great. Same issue with my wife's Galaxy S which can run out of charge in a couple of hours when using the internet with it.
[Reply]
Tiago 08:52 25th August 2011
My Galaxy Ace, it a bit the same, but i avoid going to internet for long periods, some with the GPS. The GPS can run out the battery in 3 hours...
I need it a coupke of times this vacations, so i turn it on, just to now where should i go, and then shut it off.
Scummvm also consumes a lot if battery... it uses a lot the precessor.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:07 25th August 2011
My smaller HTC is even not the best when it comes to battery life.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up