Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Yes or No?
Yes or No?
  • View Poll Results

1 2
    Thread: Yes or No?
    Submeg 11:04 10th May 2011
    We have the system in place in Australia, and it makes it very interesting as it can really stop one party having a huge majority.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 12:31 10th May 2011
    @ Submeg. The UK currently has a hung parliament with 2 parties in coalition to secure a controlling side of the house, so changing the voting system to stop party majorities would just make things even worse.

As it stands the referendum was a huge failure for the Liberal Democrats, with the no vote being more than 2:1 against. They also lost a lot of seats in the same day's council seat elections (11% if i recall correctly), making it a very bad day for the party, whereas contrary to run-up predictions the Tory's actually did rather well and stayed exactly where they were, with Labour just gaining seats from the Lib Dems. I don't think Labour have a hope in hell of regaining much from the Tory's at the moment until they get rid of their snivelling, whiny leader for someone who actually has some policies and an opinion about anything. And based on recent outbursts I don't think Vince Cable should remain a part of the coalition cabinet! Regardless of party differences, a coalition agrees to work together to run a country and a member of that cabinet should not be constantly making jibs at their coalition partners, regardless of personal feelings. Cable should accept that in his current role, whilst it isn't perfect, he has the opportunity to do a lot more than he ever could when the LD were a minority "also run" third party on the side lines of the house.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2
    Up