Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Tickets for the 2012 Olympics
Harrison 22:33 26th April 2011
Have any of you applied for tickets for the 2012 UK Olympics?

I've just applied for the opening ceremony, and my wife applied for some of the Wimbledon tennis events early this evening. Fingers crossed we get at least one of them... although it would be expensive if we get them all.

So what have any of you applied for? Are you even interested?
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 01:11 27th April 2011
I haven't really taken any interest in the Olympics since the 2008 ones, which I used to watch into the early hours of the morning as aresult of being unable to sleep.

I'm certainly not going to get tickets for any of it. But I will probably watch it on the television.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 11:36 31st July 2011
Hope you'll get the tickets mate. Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by Harrison:
Have any of you applied for tickets for the 2012 UK Olympics?

I've just applied for the opening ceremony, and my wife applied for some of the Wimbledon tennis events early this evening. Fingers crossed we get at least one of them... although it would be expensive if we get them all.

So what have any of you applied for? Are you even interested?

[Reply]
Stephen Coates 16:17 31st July 2011
How did this thing with tickets actually work?

I heard someone on the radio say that when you try and get a ticket, you don't actually know what it is you will end up seeing, or when, or where, or how much it will cost.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:30 2nd August 2011
To get tickets you had to go to the website and pick the events and the maximum you were willing to pay for the tickets. You didn't get to select where exactly you could sit. Once you had picked all the events you wanted and the prices you then completed your submission and you entry was entered into the ticket lottery. It was then (supposedly) randomly selected who got what. You could end up "winning" all of the events and seats you applied for, or none of them at all, so if you tried to spread your selection over many events you could become unstick and find you have been given the lot and face a huge expense. Or end up with none of them.

BTW, we didn't get any of the tickets we applied for, so won't be seeing anything live at the Olympics next year.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up