Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: please help with save disk adf or advice for Secret of the Silver Blades
rbucko9 17:24 24th April 2011
hi all...i'm trying to do a little nerding out by playing Secret of the Silver Blades Gold Box Rom but when i'm asked to insert a save disk it is not recognized. I'm running it on WinUAE. I've tried creating a save disk adf via WinUAE but no luck.

Can anyone please help? I have beasts need slaying!
[Reply]
Harrison 10:39 26th April 2011
Do you own a real Amiga? Some games don't like trying to create a save disk in WinUAE, so to get around this problem peopl create the same disk on a real Amiga for such problematic games, then convert the save disk to an ADF for use in the emulation.

If you don't have access to a real system, let me know and I will try and create a disk for you when I get time. Unless anyone else here has the game and could also give it a try.
[Reply]
coze 12:33 26th April 2011
I am not sure but vaguely I remember SotSB used disk 2 as savedisk.
if not, note the name of the disk asked for (ie "save disk" or "savedisk"), and do this :

Originally Posted by :
hmm, ok guys when you make a save disk, the name under windows is irrelevant (ie poolsave.adf) you should create a blank floppy via winuae, and you should format it under workbench (in emulation) when format completes, you click on the disk and rename it poolsave (again, in workbench)(case insensitive).

[Reply]
Harrison 14:30 26th April 2011
Definitely worth trying Coze's method first. Hopw it works. If not let me know and I will have a go at creating a save disk on a real Amiga and converting it to an ADF for you.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up