Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Replace HD with CompactFlash memorycard
Submeg 02:31 13th March 2007
Not to mention they should be better for what we pay for them
[Reply]
Raffaz 17:14 4th July 2007
Hi, im new here

I'm very interested in using CF cards to replace my HDD. Ive found some good info here, it goes into alot of detail and problems etc, so it may be of use to some of you guys.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=25274
[Reply]
TiredOfLife 19:52 4th July 2007
Nice one, will have a proper look at that later.
Welcome to the site.
[Reply]
Harrison 22:26 4th July 2007
Welcome Raffaz.

I've also been interested in trying a flash card replacement for an HD in an Amiga. Would definitely be interesting to see how well it works. Would also then be possible to create a completely silent Amiga.
[Reply]
Submeg 22:28 4th July 2007
Originally Posted by Harrison:
...Would also then be possible to create a completely silent Amiga.
No no no! What is the world coming to? That would be like having a silent cement mixer....it just wouldn't be right!!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:00 4th July 2007
Welcome Raffaz. An Amiga should never be silent, but then again, I also wait for the new IDE64 v.4 expansion card to be released, you connect it to your C64, and then you can add up to 2 HDDs (max. 10GB) and one optical drive. With the right software you can so use the HDDs and don't need a floppy again, and that means, no floppy rattling
[Reply]
Harrison 07:36 5th July 2007
You must admit that the constant ticking sound an empty Amiga drive makes gets very annoying? The first thing most users do is patch Workbench to stop it.

The only sound an Amiga should be making is music!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 10:02 5th July 2007
Getting rid of HD noise is great. But an essential amiga sound is the floppy drive(s).

An amiga just wouldn't be right without floppy sounds, and the constant clicking is just part of it. So I never disable clicking.
[Reply]
Submeg 14:08 6th July 2007
ROCK ON! Fight the power!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:11 6th July 2007
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
Getting rid of HD noise is great. But an essential Amiga sound is the floppy drive(s).

An Amiga just wouldn't be right without floppy sounds, and the constant clicking is just part of it. So I never disable clicking.
The sound an Amiga floppy drive makes when accessing a disk is all part of the Amiga experience and I would never want to lose that, but even back in the Amiga days everyone hated the constant empty drive clicking sound while they were using Workbench. Try using a word processor for 8 hours with that clicking away the whole time!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up