Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Commodore Amiga TOSEC sets updated
Harrison 17:00 15th April 2011
7z definitely gives the best compression sizes, and as you say, makes a whole set smaller to download, which can only be good. Bit annoying when needing to download a whole set again though, but definitely worth it for those managing such a project.

I haven't updated my NDS set with the 2 newer update torrents yet. I currently just have the main 115GB No-Intro set, but I suppose I should to bring it up to date.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 17:59 15th April 2011
Mine has at the moment 140GB.

I noticed something strange though, I have 5651 games in the list, but if I highlight them, Windows tells me that there's 5747 files. I checked and saw that there are some duplicates, like:

- 4136 - Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) [b].7z
- 4136 - Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).7z

[Reply]
Harrison 21:51 15th April 2011
You always get duplicates in TOSEC sets. Look through your Amiga ones and I'm sure you will find a lot too. The [b] info flag in your example duplicate file means a bad dump. These files often still work fine, but are flagged by TOSEC convention as a bad dump due to a read error in a sector or track. Including them just makes the full known set, as the original version it was taken from might have had this error across the whole release, and not just the disk dumped from. It depends how much you want a complete TOSEC set in your collection though, as you could in theory delete all these bad dump versions and just keep the good versions and the alternate versions [a]. Obviously updating a torrent would be an issue then though.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up