Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: WHDLoad under UAE...
Spirantho 14:17 6th April 2011
Hi everybody,

Perhaps someone can help me with a conundrum.

My WHDLoad.key works fine on my real Amigas, but under UAE (E-UAE or WinUAE) it crashes horribly when loading a game. Remove the keyfile, WHDLoad works perfectly. Put the keyfile back in, BOOM.

Has anyone else ever seen this or is it just some weird thing for me?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:40 6th April 2011
That behaviour normally happens with WHDLoad thinks the key is a pirated copy or not genuine. Either it will just shut itself down and go back to Workbench, or you get a black screen.

I'm not sure why your key works on a real system and not under emulation though. Where are you placing the key in the OS? I normally put mine in the S: directory and haven't had any problems running it in WinUAE or on real hardware.
[Reply]
Spirantho 15:01 6th April 2011
I put mine in all the usual places, RAM:, S:, PROGDIR:, everything.

It doesn't quite cleanly, though, it crashes horribly in an emulated equivalent of the screamin' heebie-jeebies.

Tried it on different UAE set-ups, and everything.

It's a genuine key, too - I bought it years ago myself....
[Reply]
Tiago 15:01 6th April 2011
I also got a "valid" key for WHDLoad, and it works as before, only difference, is that it's faster to load the game.
Strange that it works on real Amiga. I found in last times that UAE is getting better and better, all the errors i found in emulation i also got in Real Amiga, and vice-versa.
Try to ask a new key...
[Reply]
Spirantho 15:14 6th April 2011
Are your keyfiles also 888 bytes long?
Obviously I can't ask someone for their keyfile as you don't I've really got a key, but could I send someone (trusted!) who already has a registered WHDLoad setup my key and see if it works for them please?
[Reply]
Tiago 15:17 6th April 2011
Dont know if they are 888bytes long...i could check that.

I could test your key if you want.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:51 6th April 2011
I just checked my own key and it is also 888 bytes long, so that confirms that.

I would also be more than happy to test your key using WinUAE if you needed.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up