Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: The Acer Revo 3700 thread
J T 10:02 22nd July 2011
Did you get wake on lan to work? I had a brief fiddle with it and couldn't get it to work. I'm tempted to go back to it again and have another go, as it would be useful - especially if I can get it set up with my Harmony One and an IR receiver. The iphone apps for controlling XBMC are.... OK.... but the remote would probably work better, and is almost as tech-fancy.
[Reply]
duke66 03:03 20th November 2011
I have had my Revo 3700 for a while and have tried to upgrade to 4g ram. Mine came with 2 1g sticks installed. If I install any other rem I don't even get to the boot up beep. I have tried 2 2g sticks and 1 4g stick. Even if I only install 1 2g stick it won't boot. It is the same ram as it came with just faster. Any ideas out there?
[Reply]
Harrison 19:55 20th November 2011
Are you sure it supports larger sized ram? If it does then you may need to manually set the ram timings in the bios.
[Reply]
duke66 20:23 20th November 2011
It is Windows 7, 64 bit so it should. My bios has very few options I can change. I don't see anything about ram timing.
[Reply]
J T 20:27 20th November 2011
Originally Posted by duke66:
It is the same ram as it came with just faster. Any ideas out there?
I wonder if it could be picky, even about the speed... There are threads on places like avforums and xbmc that have links to RAM people have bought and successfully installed that you should be able to find fairly easily (I don't have any links off hand, but know I have seen them). Other than that, have you tested those sticks of RAM that you bought in anything else?
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up