Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: what does your wife/girlfriend says about you Amiga stuff?
Tiago 08:23 24th March 2011
I am sure you all passed with similar situations...
Getting a "new" Amiga in amibay/ebay and take it home... their eyes, when they see it coming....

"Another one ?!?!?!?!?!?!?" why the hell do you need another Amiga????

What do you say?
- babe, i really need this one, it will be the last one, i promise
- i could not resist, it was only 5 euros...

Last time i bring an 2 atari M.Boards home, she look at me like i was with some sort of mental problems
"what is that?" she asked.
I said
"well ha.....ha....hum... it's just some boards to build 2 Ataris...."
She just look to the sky, like she was saying "My god, what do i do?"
But she didn't say more... I think she is accepting the Amiga stuff....

What about you? What does your wife say about it?
What do you do to convince her you need 5 amigas ?
[Reply]
Harrison 09:58 24th March 2011
Everyone needs a hobby and collecting retro hardware is as good a hobby as any. Could be worse... you could take up fishing, then she would never see you!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 12:42 24th March 2011
Fortunately, nothing .
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 12:42 24th March 2011
No problems with that, as I'm not touching my old hardware anyway. When I have to update my retro software, I always do it when she's in bed, and anyway I'm only doing this once in 2-3 months, only starting the downloads, and every here and then I'm mirroring the stuff, which also a synching software does for me, I only have to start it.

And since long time I didn't buy any new stuff, I'm rather planning on selling a lot of it, as I don't use it anyway, and nowadays with emulators everything's really convenient. I only keep my many TBytes of games
[Reply]
Harrison 16:45 24th March 2011
Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner:
And since long time I didn't buy any new stuff, I'm rather planning on selling a lot of it, as I don't use it anyway, and nowadays with emulators everything's really convenient. I only keep my many TBytes of games
I'm currently thinking exactly the same way. We can now emulate most systems from the 16 bit era and earlier perfectly. Only from the N64 and Playstation upwards do we will need better emulation. I also hardly ever touch most of my old systems... although I do still use one of my A1200's a lot for gaming. So I might also be selling some of my own collection off soon.
[Reply]
Menace 08:14 25th March 2011
Any retro collection i purchase goes straight into storage,its not that retro gaming is a hobby were you are unable to show stuff off of course as some guys have wall to wall bookcases full of retro gear but with me personally its a question of space as i live in a one bedroom flat so its a little awkward.
Anyway we have to sit through their tv so that is payback..
[Reply]
Harrison 10:40 25th March 2011
Very good point. There are only so many reality shows someone should be expected to endure!
[Reply]
Andrew1971 07:06 26th November 2011
Hi All
Well my other half not to bothered cos i say you and your sims have taken over my gaming pc. I got to have something to do.
[Reply]
carvedeye 23:25 13th July 2013
Well my misses thinks my Amiga's and other retro goodies is just old junk, thanks god I have my own gaming room
[Reply]
Kin Hell 14:06 15th July 2013
I just say to my dear lady.....

"And how many pairs of high heels and hand bags do you have?"
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up