Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: C64 Elite Disk boxed etc
Buleste 13:56 8th September 2011
Thought I'd found a hidden gem but it's not so hidden. Was £10.00 with 5 days to go now it's £26.78 with 7 hours to go. Wonder what it will finish at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1905711808...84.m1438.l2649
[Reply]
Harrison 14:02 8th September 2011
Looks in good condition too. Elite is always a popular game, no mater the system.

How good was the C64 version? I know some platforms saw much better releases than others. The BBC original was obviously good, and I seem to remember the Spectrum did a good job of it too as it lent itself well to wireframe 3D. I know this version was the only other platform the original developers actually write the game for directly and from what I've seen in videos of the game it looks good.
[Reply]
Buleste 08:28 9th September 2011
Compared to the BBC and the Spectrum, C64 Elite suffered terribly from slowdown. However it did include the Docking sequence and the Blue Danube to dock to. I think it also had less missions than other versions which also made it a let down and the inclusion on Trumbles was annoying. Still never stopped me spending a lot of time playing it.

£38.79. Beats the Last Ninja disk that I saw that went from £5.00 to £21.03 in the last 30 seconds.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up