Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Commodore Gaming at Cebit 2007
Agram 13:18 7th March 2007
Not totally sure what this is going to be. Reads like Windows PC with the Commodore brand.

News article Videogames News.

Looking at Commodore Gaming website has a countdown teaser.

Checked Cebit 2007 exhibitor search and it listed Hall 21, Stand D08.

Anyone lucky enough to attended this trade events?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 13:43 7th March 2007
That's some great news, Commodore building PC's again. But on what hardware will it be based, do they take an own CPU? As they say it will be a gaming PC, could be a lot of things. Hope they will show it a the Cebit to see what it will be in the end, a real Commodore computer, or an Alienware like PC.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:04 7th March 2007
I'm sure the Commodore brand name parted company when Gateway split the various parts of the company up and sold it on. So the rest of the original company rights and patents went on to one company and the Commodore brand went on its own way. I also know that the Commodore name was licensed to a Spanish company for some time but that didn't last long.

Anyway, this means that the Commodore name could be being applied to anything for this gaming machine. I have a suspicion it will just be a gaming PC.

It is very sad to think that the name Commodore has ended up as just a brand name on its own with none of the original companies hardware or software attached to it any longer.
[Reply]
AlexJ 15:23 7th March 2007
Some Dutch company (Tulip?) had the rights at some point and made USB Flash Drives and MP3 players (terrible ones by all accounts) with the brand.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:37 7th March 2007
I remember Tulip. They used to make PCs too years ago. Those were not that great either.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:22 7th March 2007
I had DVDs and CDs from Commodore. DVDs were awful quality, only playing in my DVD-ROM drive, standalone DVD player and PS2 or XBox refused to play them. CDs run fine in a player, but for how long?
[Reply]
Submeg 20:10 7th March 2007
Hmm, bittersweet. Idiots that split everything up...
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 00:08 15th March 2007
Some screenshots of the new Commodore's can be found on this page.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:50 15th March 2007
Oh, I do like the plain black case with the embossed C= logo. Prefer that to any of the air brushed offerings. Would be cool to be able to just get hold of an empty case to build an emulation system in.
[Reply]
Submeg 03:08 15th March 2007
I like your thinking Harrison!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up