Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Wordpress blog The Commodore Amiga
blitterobject 01:00 23rd February 2011
Hi all,

I thought I'd use my second post here to peddle an Amiga blog I've had running for just under a week -
http://thecommodoreamiga.com

Basically, I'd been reminiscing so much about the golden age of the Amiga, I felt compelled to start a site dedicated to my thoughts on the only computer(s) that have ever been worth owning.

It's a Wordpress blog using a basic theme that I've done some low-rent hacking about with to Amiga-ify it (nothing as cool as the Workbench pointer on here - I'll try not to steal it...). Please check it out, and I'd be glad of any feedback.

cheers.
[Reply]
Harrison 03:50 23rd February 2011
Looks great. Reminds me a bit of classicamiga.com when I first started it back in 2002.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 05:38 23rd February 2011
Nice theme .
[Reply]
blitterobject 00:02 24th February 2011
Thanks guys. I'm really glad to discover so much Amiga stuff still going on out there.

I have a plugin on the site that identifies browsers and operating systems, and it purportedly recognises Amiga OS and browser combinations. I look forward to the first comment from an Amiga platform...
[Reply]
Harrison 01:20 24th February 2011
When I'm next on one of my Amiga's I will visit your blog via it to give you some real Amiga activity!
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 01:21 24th February 2011
I'll have a look in WinUAE sometime if I can figure out how to set internet access up on it (did it years ago but I made a new install recently). I'm on Linux at the moment though and don't have any UAE set up here.
[Reply]
Harrison 02:13 24th February 2011
@Steve, load up a copy of ClassicWB as it has internet access and browsers already configured and will work with an emulator out of the box.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:10 24th February 2011
Will have to link up with you on my wordpress blog!
[Reply]
blitterobject 23:13 24th February 2011
Thanks everyone.

Submeg- nice blog, plenty to trawl through!

The first verified Amiga activity on the site gets a prize. The prize will of course be something intangible, like pride or honour...
[Reply]
Puni/Void 17:47 26th March 2011
Good job with that blog! I'm new when it comes to blogging myself and seeing what you have accomplished was a great inspiration. Thank you.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up