Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread: Submeg upgrading PSP to 3.03 OE-C
Harrison 10:34 8th March 2007
For check it has upgraded the firmware to the correct version by looking at the system information. It should how as 3.03 OE-C

Next you first do need to format the memory stick otherwise it won't work correctly with the new firmware. Once formatted it will have created some new directories on the memory stick.

In the root of the memory stick should be a new one called ISO. Place any PSP game ISOs in here to run games. And in the PSP directory will be the two new directories GAME150 and GAME303. Play all the emulators in the GAME150 directory to get them working.
[Reply]
Submeg 10:54 8th March 2007
Ok so this is what is on my mem card at the moment...

- ISO (empty)
- MP_ROOT -> 100MNV01
-> 101ANV01
- MUSIC (empty)
- PICTURE (empty)
- PSP -> COMMON
-> GAME
-> GAME150 -> %__SCE__PSPUAE -> EBOOT.PBP
-> __SCE__PSPUAE -> GUI
-> DISKS (I made this directory)
-> Kickstart roms
-> GAME303
-> SAVEDATA
-> SYSTEM
- VIDEO

I try to run PSPUAE, but then it just shuts my PSP down after the splashscreen...

[Reply]
Harrison 11:15 8th March 2007
You have to have everything to do with the emulator inside of the GAME150 directory. All of the directories for Disks, Kicks, configs etc are already created in there ready for you inside the __SCE__PSPUAE directory.
[Reply]
Submeg 11:17 8th March 2007
So do I have to move any directories?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:02 8th March 2007
Well, from your list of directories above you have things like the kickstart files in the root of the memory stick in a folder called kickstart roms, right?

Your kickstart files need to be in the PSP/GAME150/__SCE__PSPUAE/KICKS directory named as stated in the PSPUAE readme text file. That's the main reason the emulator isn't running.

Next your game ADFs need to be in the PSP/GAME150/__SCE__PSPUAE/DISKS directory.

So your memory stick structure should be like this:

- ISO (empty)
- MP_ROOT -> 100MNV01
-> 101ANV01
- MUSIC (empty)
- PICTURE (empty)
- PSP -> COMMON
-> GAME
-> GAME150 -> %__SCE__PSPUAE -> EBOOT.PBP
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> GUI
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> DISKS
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> SCREENSHOTS
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> CONFIGS
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> STATE
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> KICKS
-> Game150 -> __SCE__PSPUAE -> EBOOT.PBP
-> GAME303
-> SAVEDATA
-> SYSTEM
- VIDEO

Also make sure you are using the 1.5 version of the emulator and not the other hen 2.71 version. Both come in the emulators archive normally.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:39 8th March 2007
Ok, I have that file structure, but still it shuts down. It didn't make any of those folders you mentioned....KICKS,STATE,SCREENSHOTS,CONFIGS,DISKS.....but still it shuts down...and its in GAME150....
[Reply]
Harrison 21:51 8th March 2007
Have you tried running anything else other than the Amiga emulator? Just to see if you can run anything? Maybe the SNES emulator.
[Reply]
Submeg 21:51 8th March 2007
OK I will try that!
[Reply]
Harrison 21:56 8th March 2007
Remember when copying anything like an emulator to your PSP, if the instructions say copy it to the GAME directory, instead copy it to the GAME150 directory.
[Reply]
Submeg 23:55 8th March 2007
Right, that would explain why it is saying that its corrupted...

Sweet, I have Final Fantasy II running on the SNES emulator, but I have some "corrupted data" not sure what it is though...
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5 6
Up