Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: 8-bit Metallica
Demon Cleaner 15:07 11th February 2011
I was listening to some music on YouTube, when I noticed that they have 8-bit versions of Metallica songs as suggestions. I listened to some of them and they're quite cool

Master of Puppets

Ride the Lightning

Seek & Destroy

The Four Horsemen

They also have of course 8-bit versions from other bands.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:13 11th February 2011
Did you know the "the four horsemen" was the first version of a song when Dave Mustain from Megadeh was still in Metallica? It was called "the mechanix" in that time. It is in the first Megadeth album.
I went to Megadeth concert back in 1995 in Portugal, they play it. Very could, the lead guitar is very similar, but lyrics are diferent.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:48 11th February 2011
Don't give me teaching in metal
[Reply]
Harrison 20:51 11th February 2011
I never liked Dave Mustaine. So glad he was kicked out of Metallica or I think it would have died a horrible death. I used to really like Megadeth in its own right, but not a patch on Metallica's glory years (before they cut their hair). Although they are back on form with Death Magnitic IMO.

Back on topic...

BRILLIANT FIND! Master of Puppets is still one of my favourite songs of all time.

There must be some sites setup for the creators of these 8-bit remixes? If not, we need to explore and collect all these. Any idea if these were created for real on 8-bit systems? ie MOD or tracker files. Or if they have just been made to sound like 8-bit in modern music creators.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 05:36 15th February 2011
Originally Posted by Harrison:
There must be some sites setup for the creators of these 8-bit remixes? If not, we need to explore and collect all these. Any idea if these were created for real on 8-bit systems? ie MOD or tracker files. Or if they have just been made to sound like 8-bit in modern music creators.
I have no idea, I only came across on YouTube whilst browsing for some other stuff.
[Reply]
Tiago 12:28 15th February 2011
I like Mustaine, i think he never realy got into a "light side" as Metallica did, with Load/reload/etc... Megadeth after Countdown to Extintion, did some different albuns in a more "light" metal, but still with quality. Last albun is great, nothing compared with that shxx of st anger. What a hell is that drum sound?
But still enjoy much more the early albuns, "rust in peace" is one of my favorites. Also like "so far so good so what?"
But sure Metallica had some brillinat albuns, Masters is a superb, and kill'em all is my favorite. And Justicve for all is very good to.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up