Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Game recording on Youtube
Agram 09:32 7th March 2007
Only this week I have discovered the joys of Youtube for game footage, intros and endings.

One site that had plenty of quaility material on Youtube is Recorded Amiga Games.

So I've been searching Youtube for some fond memories and noticed plenty of games are missing or have been "enhanced" by the addition of pop music.

So I've think I found a hobby to take up and post non-edited footage.

Anyone on here tried their hand at recording and released it onto the web?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:21 7th March 2007
I've only uploaded some videos of myself so far. You can upload 100MB or 10min/video for free, keep that in mind. We also could use some recorded games videos on our main site, would also be cool, it's easy to add them, there's also a tutorial on the main site.

Link to tutorial
[Reply]
Submeg 11:50 7th March 2007
What would be needed? like people playing the games or what?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:13 7th March 2007
For the main site we are looking for in game footage of games. Intros, Speed runs and Game endings are the main three that would work well on the site. Plus the ability to add You Tube videos directly into each game entries Media section is already setup and ready to use.

Plus I am currently working on the classicamiga intro sequence that we can place at the start of each of our videos, so even though they will be hosted on youtube we will still get a mention.
[Reply]
Submeg 12:16 7th March 2007
what are speed runs?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:32 7th March 2007
A Speedrun is a very fast play through of a whole game. Players who know a game inside out can play through them very fast. I have many speed run videos for lots of different systems and these each show a game being played right through from start to end every quickly.

For example, Super Mario World completed on the SNES in under 20 minutes. These are done by using every known in game level warp and other ways to speed up the completion of the game. The videos are great as it allows others to watch the whole game being played from start to end.
[Reply]
AlexJ 13:08 7th March 2007
My personal favourite speed run is the one for Super Mario Bros. 3 - it's done so quickly but then the player shows off when it gets to the scrolling screen levels and can't fly through it. I know it's done with software to constantly optimise each section etc. but it still looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31klTM6q78
[Reply]
Harrison 13:13 7th March 2007
Many speedrun videos are edited down, cutting out many of the boring bits to reduce their length, but many others are not and to see a game played through so quickly in its entirety that you personally spent many hours trying to complete can be amazing.
[Reply]
Agram 13:49 7th March 2007
Have only really watched Quake speed runs many years ago. Think the runners had to find every secret and kill all monsters on nightmare skill level. Was very impressive at the time.

The current intro of Eye of the Beholder has poor sound (for me) as it keeps fading out and pausing.

I just need to work out emulation and obtain the files. Then grapple with Windows Movie Maker and converters.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:00 7th March 2007
Well if you need any help finding files for Amiga emulation just ask as we have anything you need. Just post in the file requests forum and we should be able to help you out.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up