Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Game recording on Youtube
Teho 15:23 7th March 2007
Well, I've been working on some game videos meant to go on the site. The one's I've made are just meant to show off the gameplay though, they're not intro videos or speedruns. So I've made them by cutting together 20-30 second segments showing gameplay from various parts of the game, in order to show how the game plays for people who haven't played the game before. So far I've done Pinball Dreams, Turrican II, Pinball Fantasies and Stunt Car Racer. Only thing missing are the video intro that Harrison is working on.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:40 7th March 2007
I definitely think Teho's approach to the videos for the site is the best one as they will definitely be a great way for visitors to quickly get an idea how a game plays and looks.

I am wondering if we should embed the videos into the main page for each game, which will mean the videos will preload in the background as soon as you visit the page, or have a video link on the page that launches the videos in their own window if you want to watch them. What do you think?
[Reply]
AlexJ 17:16 7th March 2007
I'd say in it's own window, simply because there's a lot of people with bandwidth limits.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:20 7th March 2007
Originally Posted by :
I'd say in it's own window, simply because there's a lot of people with bandwidth limits.
Same opinion here, as you can still surf around on the net while the video is loading in the background.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up