Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Goldeneye: Source
Harrison 15:29 11th January 2011
I just discovered that Goldeneye: Source finally came out of beta in December and has now been released as a final release.

For anyone who hasn't heard of this, Goldeneye: Source is a port of the famous N64 game to the Half-Life 2 source engine. It is a faithful recreation of the original, updated to look amazing on the much newer game engine. If you own HL2 then this is definitely worth downloading and playing.

I only discovered this by accident because I just reinstalled Steam and on logging into my account the news under the HL2 page was giving details of its recent release.

You can download the mod from http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

Register with the site to download directly, otherwise it will force you download from filefront, which is slow and tedious.
[Reply]
jonemuzammal 07:30 13th January 2011
Do I need to download something before downloading it? Do I need to put it on an SD Card? HELP
[Reply]
Phantom 10:52 14th January 2011
Somebody for an AmigaOS 4.x port maybe?
[Reply]
Harrison 14:23 14th January 2011
Is the source engine available for PPC/AmigaOS4? Would be great to see ports of some of the great multiplayer games to AOS.

And in answering the question above. To run the game you do need to own a copy of Half-Life 2 and have Steam installed as it needs to use the Source base 2007 engine.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:34 17th January 2011
I have the orange pack, so i got the goldeneye: source. Installed it but when i go play, he says maps from server are diffrent from local.
I only did the normal installation, didnt change any maps at all, and i dont find any option to update the maps....
Is anyone playing it ?
[Reply]
Harrison 16:11 17th January 2011
I've played it a couple of times and had no problems. Did you download the current v4.1 version? Other than that I'm not sure.

Maybe there are some answers on their wiki at http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/wiki
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up