Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: Happy Birthday to Me!
Demon Cleaner 05:58 7th January 2011
I suggested the BenQ because I thought that Steve wouldn't perhaps need an HDMI port.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 09:43 7th January 2011
1080x1920.... That just sounds wrong. A monitor should be bigger horizontally than it is vertically.

What are viewing angles like these days? I know rotating a monitor such as the HP ZR24W probably wouldn't matter, but I once rotated the monitors we had in the library at college and that was virtually impossible to use due to the viewing angle.

I don't really need an HDMI port. DVI will do fine. I will probably even manage without VGA, as I only intend to use it on my 'new' PC, which is now almost a year old. The only advantage to an HDMI port would be that I could connect a freeview HD receiver to it, but I wasn't intending to get one of those for some time. Presumably it is easy to convert between HDMI and DVI? I wouldn't really need the audio facility of HDMI as I have an amplifier and two big speakers next to my monitor.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 09:58 7th January 2011
You get HDMI <-> DVI adapters. I also have to use one, because in my new PC is a GPU with HDMI, and my 2 year old monitor only supports DVI .
[Reply]
Harrison 10:19 7th January 2011
Depends on the monitor, but these days have viewing angles of at least 160 degrees, so it isn't a problem. As DC said, you can get DVI to HDMI converters, and some graphics cards are even supplied with them. You obviously don't get the full HDMI support as it will only convert the video signal and not the audio or the encryption support, but it is fine for use as a monitor.
[Reply]
Tiago 20:48 7th January 2011
a bit late but.... Happy Birthday Steve !!!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 08:01 15th October 2011
Originally Posted by Stephen Coates:
I am now two decades old.
Happy birthday to me, was already 2 days ago on the 13th. Everybody here seemed to forget

I'm now 4 decades old
[Reply]
Harrison 09:53 15th October 2011
Happy belated Birthday mate. The big 40! Did you do something nice for such a "milestone"?

Hope you had a good day.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 10:09 15th October 2011
Had a great day, drank a nice bottle of Ruinart champagne, a blanc de blancs, after getting out of bed. In the evening we went for dinner in a 1 Michelin star restaurant. Was VERY nice. After that, was already quite late, we met some friends for a drink.

I will make a party for family and friends next Saturday, the 22nd.
[Reply]
Tiago 07:33 17th October 2011
Happy Birthday Steve !!!!
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:07 17th October 2011
Originally Posted by Tiago:
Happy Birthday Steve !!!!
It was my birthday Tiago, I didn't want to open another thread, so I wrote it in here
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up