Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Projector at 50 euros 320 x 240 LED LB-618 can i use it with Amiga?
Tiago 07:26 23rd November 2010
LED LB-618
300:1
320 x 240
127 x 120 x 58 milímeters with 440 grs.

can i use it with Amiga ??

http://tweetmeme.com/story/310666255...ournal-du-geek
http://www.journaldugeek.com/2010/11...deoprojecteur/
[Reply]
Harrison 11:36 23rd November 2010
If the resolution is only 320x240 then it isn't great. Equivalent to SD youtube videos or NTSC Amiga game resolutions, but no good for PAL games or any higher Workbench or overscan modes many games and demos use. Also, what inputs does it have, and what resolutions and refresh rates does it accept?
[Reply]
Tiago 12:31 23rd November 2010
Hard to find more info,

it has 20 lumens ANSI,
contrast 300:1
25 to 115 cm diagonal projection
as input it has microSDHC, usb port
it can read
3GP (ITU H.263), MPEG (MPEG 1, 2), ASF (WMA v2, WMP v7), DAT (MPEG 1), FLV (Flash), MP4 (MPEG 4), AVI (Xvid), WMV (WMP v7, v8), MP3, WMA,
WAV, AAC, AIFF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG e TIF.

I can find any info if it has a scart input... it would be good for miggy.

50 euros... e know it's a good projector, but for 50 euros...!!
[Reply]
Harrison 14:23 23rd November 2010
When I looked at the links it looked like it only has USB and SD ports for inputs, so it wouldn't be any good for the Amiga. Not really sure how useful it is, although as you say the price is good. I expect it isn't a daylight projected looking at the lumens rating, so would only be able to see a picture in a dark room, and remember that projector lightbulbs are the expensive part of the device and running computer displays through them will burn out the bulbs quicker.
[Reply]
Tiago 17:22 23rd November 2010
It would be useful if it had a scart input. But i didn thought about the " burn out the bulbs quicker".
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 18:47 23rd November 2010
50 Euros is not much. Might be quite a fun device to have for that.

20 lumens won't be very bright, but should be visible enough in a dark room.

I'm guessing it uses LEDs as its light source? I see a mention of LED on the web pages, but don't see any mention of any bulbs. If it is LED, the life of the lamps wouldn't really be worth worrying about.

There do seem to be a few miniature projectors around today. They even did a test of a few on The Gadget Show a few weeks back. One of them was decent, but none were that impressive.
[Reply]
J T 05:08 13th December 2010
The specs sound pretty poor, but for 50 euros it's worth taking a chance on. I'm sure you could probably sell it on afterwards, should you get bored of it after the initial 'messing around' phase.

The comments on that page aren't exactly flattering to it, either. But they don't slate it.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up