Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: Skid Row "Cracks" are the some group from the Amiga times?
Tiago 12:55 27th October 2010
some days ago i download a game from the web and it has a crack from Skid Row, and it says "Twice the fun double the trouble" I knew i had seing that somewhere!!!

I search a bit and look's like they are the same group, i wonder if it's any member from the Amiga time.

Skid Row were an Amiga cracking group that were considered one of the best. Founded in 1990 they dominated their scene for a couple of years before dying a couple of years later. As over time the members slowly left for either the PC scene or other Amiga groups.

Unfortunately it was just before their downfall when the group tried to enter the PC by teaming up with The Dream Team. It didn't last long due to their inactivity and Skid Row were not heard from again on the PC for a couple of years.

We assume some former Amiga members restarted the group in 1993, without much success. And by the end of the year they had teamed up with the utility group High Voltage. It seems in early 1994 High Voltage absorbed Skid Row and from then on released both games as well as utilities.

On July 2nd, 2007 Skid Row returned to the PC scene proper for the first time in 13 years releasing their first ever PC ISO, Model Train (c) Abacus.

History brief
1990 . Skidrow on the Amiga is founded
1991 . Skidrow PC founded
1991 . Skidrow team up with The Dream Team
1991 . Skidrow on the PC dies
1992 . Skidrow on the Amiga dies
1993 . Skidrow reemerges on the PC
1993 . Skidrow teams up with High Voltage to share releases
1994 . Skidrow merges into High Voltage
2007 . Skidrow returns to the PC releasing their first ISO
[Reply]
Tags:Array