Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Its Ghost's Birthday
Ghost 14:12 23rd October 2010
Hello all,

Its my birthday today and I am turning 31.
I know, as you grow older it starts to loose its relevance as it has lost all its childhood glamor, to that one often comes down to the point that you get presents from your parents and other relatives.

Still I do like to celebrate it and hear from other people I know, its often one of the few days in the year that I hear from them.
As for feeling 31, hah, no I still feel like a twenty year old young man, still trying to understand the world and having a lot of personal growing up to do.
The one thing I do really miss is my abundance of hair, as I grow older I am starting to loose it and I really do not like the prospect of becoming bald.

Sorry that I have not been much around the forum but I had very little Amiga related subjects to talk about.
I am most of the time really obsessed about Fallout and hang around on that forum daily.
Still I will try to become a regular here again.

So far I have received a card from a dear friend of mine from Canada, a facebook message from another friend and a lot of automated messages but I do hear to hope from more people.

I got myself a copy of Larry Niven's latest Known Space book, and the newly released Fallout New Vegas.

Hope to hear from people.
[Reply]
Tiago 15:51 23rd October 2010
Happy Birthday Ghost,

have a nice day !!
[Reply]
Ghost 16:03 23rd October 2010
Thanks Tiago
[Reply]
Teho 00:41 24th October 2010
Yeah, happy birthday. Definitely know how you feel. I'm 33 now, and should be an ancient all-knowing sage at this point if going by what I thought 15 years ago. But of course that's not the case. If anything I'm even more confused now by how life and the world works than I was back then! But I guess, by the time we're fifty we'll have it all figured out.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 01:11 24th October 2010
Happy birthday for yesterday .
[Reply]
Puni/Void 09:12 24th October 2010
Happy birthday mate! Have a good one!

Have you tried Fallout: New Vegas yet? Any good?
[Reply]
Ghost 18:56 24th October 2010
Hello Teho, Stephen Coates, and Puni/Void.
Thank you all three.

Teho, ain't that the truth.
When I was younger I expected adults to be more smart and better knowing, but as I grew older I came to realize that a lot of them are as clueless as they were when they were kids.
Major difference is that they barely want to acknowledge this and pretend that they are more wiser than they truly are.

Puni/Void, yeah to me its surprisingly good compared to Fallout 3.
The atmosphere is better and the world is more consistent, feeling like a working world with the various groups and factions.
Fallout 3's world felt like a place full of random locations with the inhabitants having no clue really what to do.

Sure there are still some strange locations but they aren't really that bad.
But one of the big problems I have is that some of the maps are really ugly and bad designed, or seemed to be designed in a rush.
I had hoped that places like HELIOS One would have been more interesting.

Obsidian can make good locations as McCarran base and Hoover Dam are great, but places like Hidden Valley feel like a recycling of various FO3 objects that aren't really uniform with another.

Most of the gameplay is still the same as FO3 but Obsidian refined it a bit here and there and expanded it.

Perhaps I should write an impression piece when I have finished it.
[Reply]
Harrison 23:53 24th October 2010
Happy belated birthday Ghost.

It would be great to read your thoughts on Fallout once you've finished it. Especially the comparisons with FO3 and what makes them different..improvements, changes etc.
[Reply]
Jay 10:16 25th October 2010
Hope you had a good birthday bro. One things for sure, time just keeps marching on but all you need is the right outlook.

I'd rather be 80 years young than 40 years old!
[Reply]
Ghost 09:28 26th October 2010
Hi Harrison and Jay, thank you both.

Once I have finished the game and have finished my school assignment this week I will try to write my thoughts down on FNV.

@Jay, I do not see it all that negative but there are a couple of things I would like to happen now in the next years.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up