Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3
Thread: The most broken game
Teho 21:15 11th November 2010
Oh, they knew. I know one reviewer who mentioned that with an early Id Software game - I think maybe it was Quake - all review copies were unique and had the actual name of the reviewer hidden somewhere in the code. So if a review copy got spread to the pirates they could find out who it originated from. I never learned if this was actually true or if this was a bluff to discourage reviewers to spread their copy though.
[Reply]
Phantom 15:44 18th November 2010
If Rise of the Robots is really crap, then what about Dangerous Streets?

Even Renegade series on Amstrad CPC 6128 is far better than this crap from Flair Software.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:45 19th November 2010
At least Dangerous Streets had more than one move per character ... but yeah, I got it free in the CD32 retail bundle and remember how bad it was. There are much worse beat 'um 'ups on the Amiga though. What about PitFighter. Now that was a dire game on any platform!
[Reply]
Phantom 12:20 19th November 2010
No, you've to believe me. Pit Fighter is slightly better than Dangerous Streets.
[Reply]
happydevas 12:24 15th December 2010
The most broken game:-
1.Call Of Duty 3
2. Heavy Rain
3. Gears Of War
4.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5.Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
[Reply]
Phantom 12:37 29th December 2010
Originally Posted by happydevas:
The most broken game:-
1.Call Of Duty 3
2. Heavy Rain
3. Gears Of War
4.The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5.Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Are these Amiga games?
[Reply]
Harrison 13:28 30th December 2010
We always get one who doesn't read the topic don't we!
[Reply]
slicer1000 13:58 4th January 2011
yep most new games are leaked at the distribution stage when the masters are sent to be printed as retail copies.

Toki was another pretty broken game as a large number of copies had faults with them
[Reply]
Yanni Oblivion 02:30 14th February 2011
The version of Silly Putty bundled as part of the Wild Weird and Wicked pack for the A600 was full of bugs, but this was later attributed to the fact that the version that was bundled in that pack was for all intents and purposes a beta! Minor fail, but still a great game.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3
Up