Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2
Thread: Ninite
Demon Cleaner 14:38 14th August 2010
Everybody knows that doing a fresh install of your computer can be very tedious, after Windows or whatever OS is installed, you have to install all your other software again, which is often more than 20 programs, many of them being basic stuff you use every day, meaning Firefox, VLC, IrfanView, Avast, Java...

Ninite.com is a site that takes that task away from you, by only going to their site and showing you all the basic software there is on one page. You simply tick the boxes of the programs you want to install, and then it does the job for you, simple and easy.

http://ninite.com/
[Reply]
Harrison 18:49 15th August 2010
Now that is cool, and is something that will be very handy in the future.

Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
Teho 12:31 16th August 2010
Argh! I finally got and installed Win7 only last week! Couldn't you have posted about that a couple of days earlier!?
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 15:27 16th August 2010
Sorry Teho, next time I'll try to be faster
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 03:02 27th August 2010
Looks interesting. I will remember that for the future. Though I do now have just about everything I want installed on my Windows XP ().

I tend to use Linux most of the time now though and getting software installed (if it isn't already ) is just a case of using the package manager.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:31 27th August 2010
Careful Steve... you are in danger of catching up with modern computing at this rate! XP is only 9 years old after all. Although remember to update it to Service Pack 3 as it fixes a lot of stuff and reconfigures the OS a great deal compared to the original XP release, making it actually quite a stable and robust OS.
[Reply]
Harrison 16:04 11th February 2023
Did you know this was still supported and up to date? Not looked in a long time. Useful to know.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 23:22 11th February 2023
Didn't know, long time I did not use it.
[Reply]
Stephen Coates 09:13 12th February 2023
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Did you know this was still supported and up to date? Not looked in a long time. Useful to know.
I guessed it was, but I hadn't used it in a long time. I did make use of it a few times years ago though.

Originally Posted by :
Careful Steve... you are in danger of catching up with modern computing at this rate! XP is only 9 years old after all.
And here I am writing this on a Windows 7 laptop
[Reply]
Harrison 10:32 12th February 2023
Only 3 OSs behind now Steve, although arguably Win7 is still one of the best. Shame they just ended support.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2
Up