Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: A600HD screen output blue hue
papapumpnz 07:40 4th August 2010
Hi,

About a week ago the A600HD screen when to a green hue, then shortly after a blue hue. Its still showing a blue hue. Tried other screens and cables but nothing has made any difference.

Any ideas?
[Reply]
Harrison 07:30 14th August 2010
You are still getting a picture, but with a blue hue?
[Reply]
papapumpnz 05:17 23rd August 2010
Correct. Apart from the blue hue the image is perfect.
[Reply]
Harrison 14:08 24th August 2010
I've asked some friends if they have any idea what could be causing this and will let you know what they say.
[Reply]
Teho 14:20 24th August 2010
Years ago I had the exact same issue on my PC. Turned out my VGA plug was coming loose so the pins on one side of the connector wasn't connecting (this problem took me quite a while to solve, too ). You say you've tried other cables so I'm wondering if it's the port on the Amiga which has some dead pins for some reason? Maybe something needs resoldering? Just guessing here though.
[Reply]
Harrison 15:11 24th August 2010
I am also guessing a dry solder joint on the RGB port, but it might also be other things like the custom chipset. Problem with the A600 is everything is surface mounted so is hard to replace or fix anything. Although replacement motherboards can be found cheap if it turns out to be the problem.

One thing to check is to connect the A600 to a TV using the yellow composite video output on the back. If the picture is still blue then it must be an issue with the hardware itself. If the picture looks in colour and OK then it is probably a problem with the RGB port.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up