Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: [PC] AMIGA Hamachi Server / Hiring players!
AmigaOnline 16:10 1st July 2010

Hi there!

I just would like to inform you that it's now possible to play multiplayer Amiga games ... online!
To improve this project, we need more players, more games testers, and motivated members!

Get ready for this amazing adventure!

System Requirements

-A PC/MAC with Windows (2K/XP/Vista or 7), Linux or Mac OS X
-A keyboard
-A mouse
-A reliable internet connection

The forum

Software

LogMeIn Hamachi: https://secure.logmein.com/products/.../download.aspx

This free software is able to establish a link between all players.
The technology used here is able to make you play with many internet users some excellent games that should be known by everyone.
Of course it's possible to play using other softwares & methods too (Public Kaillera Servers, Tunngle, EasyVPN...)

Gaming Networks & Servers

The access is free & permanent! (24/7)

Some basic rules to make this gaming experience enjoyable for everyone:

1.Please log off when you are not ready to play or not in front of your computer!
2.If you want to leave a network for a long period of time, right click on the network name/"Leave Network"
3.Inactive accounts/members can be removed from a network at any time and without warning.

AmigaOnline Hamachi Network
(for Games Testers & motivated members only)

Server (Network ID): AmigaOnline
Password: AmigaOnline

Before joining this Hamachi network, don't forget to:
-Introduce yourself on AmigaOnline Forum
-Inform me that you want to join this Hamachi network (via Mail/Forum/PM)
Inactive accounts/members can be moved to a temporary waiting zone.
Experienced VIP Members will always have priority access to this network

Some compatible games

Click HERE to display a list of a few supported titles!

It's also possible to play PC (DOS/Windows), Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum games online via RetrOnline: http://retronline.forumactif.org
More systems will probably be supported later

Speedball 2 -Brutal Deluxe-

Dyna Blaster

5 simultaneous players!

The Chaos Engine

Lotus Turbo Challenge 2

The Settlers

Gravity Force 2

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:36 1st July 2010
Hi mate, and welcome to our boards.
[Reply]
AmigaOnline 10:52 2nd July 2010
Thanks Demon Cleaner!
It seems to be a very nice forum
[Reply]
Harrison 10:53 2nd July 2010
Welcome

But how does this work? Your links just go to a VPN.. how does that allow Amiga network gaming?
[Reply]
AmigaOnline 10:59 2nd July 2010
Hello Harrison!
In fact, I use a private vpn to avoid using Kaillera servers. It allows better ping and seems to offer good network conditions through the web.
I use Client/Server WinUAE version to play game, it perfectly works if the ping is ok (UK/France/Germany/... should be ok).
[Reply]
Shoonay 12:13 2nd July 2010
Welcome to CA!
That's very interesting, but a step-by-step tutorial would be nice.
What kind of Client/Server WinUAE you use? Custom build by you? The "normal" WinUAE developed by Toni Willen?
If you use some custom-build, how on earth are we suppose to get it without any links?
How do we configure it? What's your Hamachi server name and pass?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:24 2nd July 2010
As Shoonay said,it would be great for a quick run through of what you actually use.

AFAIK the only network enabled version of UAE was the very old Kaillera version of WinUAE, and that is what morst people still have to use if they want to network play Amiga games. So if you do have an alternative solution that would be brilliant. Or, are you using the old Kaillera version, with the server part running on a VPN to speed the connection up?
[Reply]
AmigaOnline 13:38 2nd July 2010
It's the old kaillera version with server running on a VPN. It works very well if the ping is not too high

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Hi Shoonay!

In fact it's a special version of WinUAE (http://kaillera.abime.net/) which allows NetPlay. I have made some greats and really to use packages which allow anybody to play online. If you connect to my network (link provided in the first post), i will give you a client version to try it out
Currently there are not many amiga players on the web, that's the reason why i'm looking for motivated players (not necessarly skilled ).
This online method works very well, it depends mainly on the internet connection quality (low ping if possible). If you live in the UK, there will be no problem at all.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I would like also to say that virtually any simultaneous amiga multiplayer game (pd/commercial..) can be played with this method
[Reply]
FOL 01:02 3rd July 2010
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline:
Server (Network ID): AmigaOnline
Password: test

Software:

Official Homepage: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

Mirrors:
http://www.clubic.com/lancer-le-tele...0-hamachi.html
or
http://www.01net.com/telecharger/win...hes/38886.html

This free software is able to establish a link bewteen your computer and mine. It will allow us to play together (may be more secured than Kaillera servers)

If i'm not online, then contact AmigaOnline@hotmail.fr to plan a game session!

Here are some games that could be played online:

Some more games to come! Any advise welcomed! Amiga is alive!!
Sorry for my poor English
Ah, Im with you now.

Your just playing multiplayer games? that use the serial port?
I mean Shoon's is right, killera is the only way to play any 2 player games online.

I currently host the old AmigaOnline site (merged into pspuae to form UltimateAmiga.co.uk).
I have all the packs that have been made for playing 2 player online, just need to re-up them.
[Reply]
Harrison 01:15 3rd July 2010
FOL, let us know once you've had chance to re-upload them all. I've been wanting to try some online Amiga gaming for a while name; as well as starting up the Classicamiga clan to try and get some online gaming happening here.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up