Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Shall I buy a PSP?
Shall I buy a PSP?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Shall I buy a PSP?
    Demon Cleaner 22:26 28th February 2007
    I've seen that the price is now at 200€ (130£), and I really don't know if I should buy one or not. I will not need really need it, because I know, it will lie around after 2 days. But there have been some cool games and RPGs for it lately, that I thought, perhaps... And of course there's the possibility of emulation, which I also don't need, but perhaps...

So what's your opinion guys?
    [Reply]
    J T 23:06 28th February 2007
    Well, I'm a fan of my DS + flashcart, but if you want a PSP then I'll say waht I say to most things....

"Yeah, go on then, give it a go. It'll be fine"

So yeah, uh, buy one, or better yet a DSLite. Or both.

Now that sounds even better, get both
    [Reply]
    Submeg 23:11 28th February 2007
    Hmm, unless you want a specific game (eg I bought mine for MGS: Ac!d 1 and 2) And you dont have a PS2, I would get one. Otherwise its just a mini PS2
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 23:37 28th February 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    So yeah, uh, buy one, or better yet a DSLite. Or both.
    So vote for yes, I want to see the results and perhaps get one then.

I have all consoles but no handhelds yet, so that is perhaps an issue. Maybe I'm getting both, DS and PSP, who knows, as there are some nice games from both out there.
    [Reply]
    Submeg 23:41 28th February 2007
    I have the DS and I say that it is awesome! So cool and different, just like the Wii
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 00:02 1st March 2007
    How do you find these skins?

[Reply]
    Harrison 00:19 1st March 2007
    I say you should definitely get a PSP! But you knew I was going to say that I expect.

Nice skin indeed.

BTW, if you do purchase one make sure you have an easy upgrade path to put the custom Dark_AleX 3.03 OE-C firmware on it to unlock its true potential (don't upgrade to the newer 3.10 OE-A2 though as it has issues).

If you were going to buy a new PSP then it will most likely come with a firmware between 2.60 and 2.81, in which case you would need to update it to the official 3.03 firmware, and then use a copy of the original unpatched GTA:LCS game and then it is easy to downgrade/upgrade to the custom firmware. The problem is locating an unpatched copy of the game.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 00:25 1st March 2007
    Originally Posted by :
    But you knew I was going to say that I expect.
    Strangely I really expected that.
    Originally Posted by :
    BTW, if you do purchase one make sure you have an easy upgrade path
    What do you mean by easy upgrade path? And you surely know that I'm gonna buy it to upgrade, and not let the existing fw on it, as this is the main reason I would buy one.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 03:21 1st March 2007
    I basically meant, make sure you buy a copy of GTA: Liberty City Stories, or can get hold of a copy as it is the only way to upgrade to the latest custom firmware. And the version of the game you will need is the original unpatched version. There are two. The original contained a 2.0 firmware upgrade, whereas the newer patched version contains a 2.6 firmware upgrade. The box and packaging look identical on both versions, but you can identify the older unpatched version by looking at the disc. If the code on the disc says 00151 then it is the version you need, but if it says 00151#2 then this is the patched version and cannot be used to upgrade to the custom firmware.
    [Reply]
    Vangar 04:54 1st March 2007
    Also, PSP has an Amiga Emulator that is starting to get really good. Mwahahaha.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up