Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Poll: Shall I buy a PSP?
Shall I buy a PSP?
  • View Poll Results

1 2 3 4
    Thread: Shall I buy a PSP?
    Submeg 22:17 1st March 2007
    Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
    Hmm i would think about it i mean if u have a PS2 you probably wont play the PSP much unless you do a lot of gaming on the move, my friend got one and he never plays it he says the games are the same as PS2 so their is no point unless he travels but then he drives, i told him to get a DS because you get a different gaming experience than you do with a static console.
    My point exactly, the DS is so different, so its worth the buy. As I have a PS2, I just use that, no need for a PSP. The only reason I have one is because I wanted to get specific games and have ever single system to run them.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 00:05 2nd March 2007
    Originally Posted by v85rawdeal:
    Thanks for that information, Harrison, that has just made things a lot easier for me. Just checked my copy of LCS (which I had pre-ordered) and as I thought, I have the unpatched version.... Of course, this makes me wonder what the patched version has different.
    The difference with the actual game is nothing as far as how the game plays, they are identical. The actual difference is that the original contained a backdoor in the save game loading code which allows hackers to exploit it and instead of the game loading a save game file they can trick it into running unsigned code. The patched version "fixed" this so it couldn't be exploited and unsigned code would not run.

Do you actually need this exploit to hack your PSP v85rawdeal? It is only needed if your PSP has firmware 2.81 or newer on it. For these PSPs they need to up updated to the 3.03 official sony firmware, then the GTA exploit is run to downgrade the PSP to firmware 1.5. Once this is done it is easy to either run homebrew and emulation as it is with 1.5, or better still upgrade to the custom 3.03 OE-C firmware.

If you, or anyone else needs a run through guide on how to do all of this ask and I will post one.
    [Reply]
    Harrison 00:09 2nd March 2007
    Originally Posted by Submeg:
    Originally Posted by rayzorblue:
    Hmm i would think about it i mean if u have a PS2 you probably wont play the PSP much unless you do a lot of gaming on the move, my friend got one and he never plays it he says the games are the same as PS2 so their is no point unless he travels but then he drives, i told him to get a DS because you get a different gaming experience than you do with a static console.
    My point exactly, the DS is so different, so its worth the buy. As I have a PS2, I just use that, no need for a PSP. The only reason I have one is because I wanted to get specific games and have ever single system to run them.
    I would also agree that the two handheld consoles are completely different and so are both worth purchasing as they provide completely different gaming experiences and not many games that are on both platforms.

I do disagree regarding the PSP not being worth a purchase if you have a PS2, because the PSP does enjoy a lot of unique releases not seen on the PS2, plus it has advantages over the PS2 in regard to network multiplayer gaming via Wi-Fi and the internet. Also don't forget the PS3 integration with the PSP that some PS3 games will utilise during PS3 gaming, if you are looking to buy a PS3 in the future.
    [Reply]
    Demon Cleaner 17:29 5th March 2007
    Hm, it stands 5-3. Going to reconsider the whole.
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 10:31 26th August 2007
    "Buy a PSP, you will." -Yoda
    [Reply]
    Harrison 11:41 26th August 2007
    And do you know what? He is seriously considering it now.
    [Reply]
    FOL 11:44 26th August 2007
    Originally Posted by Harrison:
    And do you know what? He is seriously considering it now.
    I would to, been trying to get my sister to buy 1 now, as it can be pandora'ed
    [Reply]
    Sharingan 12:28 26th August 2007
    WTH though, there are six people who voted against him buying a PSP. Clearly, this is conspiracy by the government.
    [Reply]
    FOL 12:43 26th August 2007
    Originally Posted by Sharingan:
    WTH though, there are six people who voted against him buying a PSP. Clearly, this is conspiracy by the government.
    *FOL looks for his admins controls* damn cant edit vote,
    [Reply]
    AlexJ 18:42 26th August 2007
    I have to say, I've been mighty impressed with mine in the first few days of having it. I was a bit skeptical considering how much I used my GBC after the Pokemon craze died out (hardly at all) but the PSP is far more capable as a games console. The GBC was probably comparable to the NES (but with a crap screen) but the N64 was current at it's release time. The PSP on the other hand is superior to the PS1 and not too far behind the PS2. Being able to have music,videos and a fairly decent (well better than a phone) webbrowser are nice extras as well.
    [Reply]
    Tags:Array
    1 2 3 4
    Up