Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4 5
Thread: Classicamiga forums major update schedule
Harrison 16:24 14th June 2010
Not sure why the forums are logging you out. Have you tried clearing your browser cache, internet history and cookies? And also when logging in do you tick the keep logged in box?

For the awards, the url should be http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/awards.php with the/forum/ bit in the middle, which is missing from the one you posted above. Again it might be directing you like that because of old cookies or internet history. It works fine from my end.

And finally, arcade high scores. As mentioned in the home page welcome message, saving of high scores from the arcade is currently broken since the update. This is effecting a lot of people using this arcade component and we are all waiting for someone to find a solution.
[Reply]
Submeg 09:11 15th June 2010
Originally Posted by Harrison:
Not sure why the forums are logging you out. Have you tried clearing your browser cache, internet history and cookies? And also when logging in do you tick the keep logged in box?

For the awards, the url should be http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/awards.php with the/forum/ but, which is missing from the one you posted above. Again it might be directing you like that because of old cookies or internet history. It works fine from my end.

And finally, arcade high scores. As mentioned in the home page welcome message, saving of high scores from the arcade is currently broken since the update. This is effecting a lot of people using this arcade component and we are all waiting for someone to find a solution.
I have just emptied the cache using the Tools > Options > Clear offline storage. Will that reset it? (Using Firefox)
[Reply]
Harrison 11:35 15th June 2010
Clear Offline storage should clear the cookies and is the most likely cause of the problem.

But if that doesn't fix it, in FF under the Tools menu there is also "Clear Cache" and "Clear Recent History" which might also help.
[Reply]
Harrison 13:46 15th June 2010
Bug fixes and updates:

Current Bugs being fixed:

Current features from the old vB3.8.x version of the site currently missing from the new version (due to incompatibility or the plugin developers no longer supporting them, so no updates):

[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 14:37 15th June 2010
Looking for "forum jump" option which was very helpful.

When replying to a thread, it immediately takes you to the fast reply box, then you have to chose advanced to get to the "normal" replying site. Is it possible when clicking the reply button to be redirected there immediately? Saves one click
[Reply]
Harrison 15:22 15th June 2010
The new way the reply button works is a change the cV team made to vB4. I will look to see if this behaviour can be altered. However, the quick edit box does have most of the advanced tools as I upgraded it to include them, so the advanced edit is really only needed when wanted to post polls and attachments mostly.

Forum Jump - the developer of that mod stopped supporting it, and there is currently no version available that worked with vB4. I have contacted someone who is using exactly the same style of Forum Jump menu on their own vB4 site, and they told me they developed and coded it themselves and haven't released it. But I might have now convinced them to turn it into a mod plugin and release it for the community, so you might see a jump menu returning to the site if they do that.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:44 15th June 2010
Ok. Anyway, as the forum now is a bit different, you have to get used again to it for a certain time. But so far I really like the look and the changes that were made, will see after some time what could be better, or what is better now. Great job mate
[Reply]
Submeg 11:59 16th June 2010
Has anyone else noticed that once you've read through the unread posts, they don't leave the unread posts screen?
[Reply]
Harrison 12:04 16th June 2010
That is working fine at my end. Which unread posts screen do you mean? Can you post the url?
[Reply]
Submeg 12:23 16th June 2010
I just marked all threads as read, cleared them. Maybe I hadn't looked at all the posts? Who knows!
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4 5
Up