Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
Thread: MorphOS: Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support
Puni/Void 17:51 6th June 2010
Public Release of MorphOS 2.5 & Introduction of eMac Support

Originally Posted by :

The MorphOS development team is proud to announce the public release of MorphOS 2.5, the fifth new OS version since the debut of MorphOS 2.0 in the same month two years ago. MorphOS 2.5 finally adds the Apple eMac to its list of officially supported platforms. In addition to the extended hardware support, existing users will benefit from various bug fixes and a few new features. For an overview of the included changes, please read our release notes.

We strongly urge owners of eMac computers to carefully read our installation and troubleshoot guides before they attempt to install MorphOS for the first time. Existing users can upgrade via the familiar procedure but are encouraged to read the guides as well. MorphOS 2.5 is available for download in our files section.
You can find more information by visiting:

MorphZone - The MorphOS Portal
[Reply]
Harrison 00:02 8th June 2010
Nice. Thanks for the update Puni.

Keeps making me want to track down a good condition PPC Mac each time I read more of additional Mac support.
[Reply]
Puni/Void 09:24 13th June 2010
After what I've seen on eBay and similar sites, you should be able to track down a cheap eMac quite easily in the UK. The next in line is, as far as I've heard, the PowerMac.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
Up