Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Some bad and good news.
Demon Cleaner 06:18 4th May 2007
I have a question Vangar?

I eventually want to use the music, but this are all PC mod formats. Do you also have the amiga mods? If the PC mods have more than 4 channels, you can't use them on the amiga.
[Reply]
Vangar 02:46 6th May 2007
Well that would explain why i couldn't get them working on the real thing. Sorry for not replying for so long.

I have no idea on MOD formats though mate, sorry. Those are the only remaining copies.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 11:04 6th May 2007
Ok, I have to check then if they have 4 or more channels, if they use only 4, they can be used.
[Reply]
Harrison 12:38 6th May 2007
Is there any way to edit a mod and reduce the channels used? I know that removing channels will cut out tracks from the score, but often you can do this and still end up with a recognisable track.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:47 6th May 2007
I will just ask Zyriax when I see him next week at work. He said if the mod does not use more than 4 channels, you can take it for use on an Amiga. He had no appropriate player to check that out though.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 16:46 7th May 2007
I just checked for Zoobfire, and unfortunately it uses 8 channels and 16bit samples, which is also too much, should be 8bit only. I will check out the others tomorrow, but it seems that the tunes and samples were not done on a real amiga.
[Reply]
Harrison 11:29 8th May 2007
That's annoying
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 22:05 8th May 2007
Ok, I found something. I converted the NEW4U.S3M file from Stoo into a mod using DigiboosterPro. The tune uses exactly 4 channels and 8bit samples, and runs 2:06 minutes before restarting, which is enough for an intro.

Listen to music.
[Reply]
Vangar 12:46 9th September 2007
Thats good work mate, thanks a lot. And i plan to come to this form more often now.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up