Classicamiga Forum Retro Edition
1 2 3 4
Thread: Some bad and good news.
TiredOfLife 17:25 28th February 2007
Sorry to hear of your loss mate, hope you are doing ok in the circumstances.
Great idea to do something with his work.
I take it his work was available on Aminet?
If not, that's another way to have him remembered.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 18:44 28th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
But in Nero, don't you need to purchase the MP3Pro plugin separately in order to save MP3s?
Seriously, do I purchase Nero anyway?? Wave Editor comes with the whole Nero package. I use Nero 7 at work.
[Reply]
Teho 20:25 28th February 2007
No no, I didn't accuse you of actually buying any software. God forbid. My point is, that MP3Pro plugin didn't use to be part of the package, you had to get it separately to enable Wave Editor to save MP3s.

Seriously, I have purchased Nero 7. But haven't tried saving an MP3 with the Wave Editor since back when I had a pirated Nero 5. And that's when it said I had to buy that plugin in order to do it. I didn't have to buy it though, back then WinMX was still around.

Hence the question, don't you need to also get hold of that plugin to save MP3s with Nero? Or is it included in the package now?
[Reply]
J T 21:16 28th February 2007
It sucks to lose someone you are close to, I feel for you buddy.

Originally Posted by :
Hence the question, don't you need to also get hold of that plugin to save MP3s with Nero? Or is it included in the package now?
A lot of software now needs an extra, paid for download to handle MP3 files. It's something to do with licencing I believe. MP3 support was sadly recently disabled from my music converter of choice, DBPowerAmp (unless you buy or otherwise acquire the powerpack )
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:24 28th February 2007
Originally Posted by :
don't you need to also get hold of that plugin to save MP3s with Nero? Or is it included in the package now?
I did not install anything along the normal Nero install, so I think it's implemented.
[Reply]
Harrison 21:28 28th February 2007
I also think it now comes as part of the package, although I am using Nero 7 Ultra edition so lower versions may be different.
[Reply]
Vangar 21:33 28th February 2007
I have no idea if he uploaded any of his music at any time, but i do know the original filenames he used. One of them came up with a result: zoobfire ? on a mod database but it seems the author is not shown. Maybe he didn't make that one.

I'm stuck at school now, but i will do something about this when i get home. Again, thank you all for your support.
[Reply]
Demon Cleaner 21:43 28th February 2007
Here is the zoobfire file.
Attached: zoobfire.it.zip (125.0 KB)
[Reply]
AlexJ 22:44 28th February 2007
Audacity with LAME will also do WAV > MP3's
[Reply]
Vangar 02:22 1st March 2007
Yes, im sure he made that song. I have found other ones in his archive that sound like it, maybe when he was developing it? I'm uploading them right now to my website with a little DIR script i found, so there can be a listing of his music. WinAMP seems to play them fine.

Here is the link:

http://www.flashopedia.net/dir.php?dir=StoosMusic%2F

There was also another folder of MODs he must of collected but not created. There seems to be the original WORKHOLC.MOD and OHYEAH.MOD .

I would Absolutely LOVE to hear Mods playing on the Amiga and possibly record the output to MP3 that way, so they are authentic. But i have no idea how to play them on the system.. heh.
[Reply]
Tags:Array
1 2 3 4
Up